Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a new X3 30i (with M Sport pkg) in carbon black with the Mocha leather seats. It has been ages since I've had a black car. Although I like the way the carbon black looks dark blue in certain lights. I'm curious how people like the carbon black.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I really like my carbon black. It looks black and night and deep dark blackish grey with a blue hue. Looks amazing IMO.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
217 Posts
saphire black

we were going to buy an x3 with this color just to get a slight shade of dark blue in sunlight

switched to the metallic white after we found out we were going to be grand-parents

figured white was better for driving safety

·
Registered
8,882 Posts
Carbon black is a nice color. You really only get the blue undertones in bright light. Otherwise it looks like a black car. Upkeep is exactly the same as any metallic black car, complete with the swirls, the fact it will look dirty an hour after you wash it, etc.

If you like taking care of (washing etc) cars, carbon black adds some character to the color other than standard black. You have to be a person who enjoys washing your car though. Some people "zen out" and really enjoy it. I dont.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had carbon black on my last car and really loved it.

I had it coated with a ceramic coating (CQuartz) and once that was on, keeping it clean was never an issue (it didn't get dirty fast). It still looked new when I sold it 3 years later.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Love the Carbon Black! Last X3 was a 2014 in Black Sapphire. Carbon Black is a much richer color to my eye. Would pick it again......,

·
Registered
110 Posts
Friend has it. I like it. It's my favorite shade of "black". The blue specks that come out in the sun is really cool and pretty.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Dirty is dirty. Does it show less than other blacks? Probably not. For dust after washing I use the car mop. Cleans up well. More than dust; wash using two bucket system.......,

·
Registered Troublemaker
241 Posts
My wife likes carbon black on her X3 M40i. I agree with her because I'm not an idiot. :rofl:

Actually, carbon black is an excellent color. It's not imola red, but the new X3 isn't available in imola.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Is it more difficult to keep clean than any other black?
It's still a black car. Unless you're protect the hell out of it and then basically spend all your time spending a ton of time cleaning it properly to maintain the finish, it's gonna show a ton more dirt and fine scratches vs a light colored car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just ordered an X3 with Carbon Black exterior and Mocha Interior, with the light brown trim. I considered other options, but did not want to stay with the more common black or brighter cognac. I liked oyster with the Carbon Black, but knowing me it would be dirty too soon, and I want to carry my dogs now and then. So I think the CB, which looks dark blue in sunlight, will look good with the mocha

·
Registered
298 Posts
Carbon Black is very blue in some lighting. I bought my G05 X5 50i in the color and absolutely love it! Darker colors do require more care to keep looking pristine but it's worth the work!

One picture is at pick up ie flourescent lighting the other in sunlight.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks great

I just bought an X3 with CB exterior and it looked fantastic in sunlight at the dealership. I realize it may take more work to keep clean.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts