BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
X3*****
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 X3 has 51K miles and is now running rough and stalling when I put it into reverse to get out of the garage. It puts itself in neutral and gives a message to put it in park. No other messages. It starts just fine immediately after but still feels rough and no get up and go like it used to. I complained on several service visits that it was feeling rough but it was not able to be duplicated during oil changes etc. It is much rougher and slower now.
I was hoping to get some feedback here before I approach the dealer as I am 1,000 miles out of warranty :cry: and I hate going in without some knowledge and I can't help feeling like I am unable to have a good discussion with the advisors (as a 60+ woman without a lot of car knowledge :). Have googled this but not much luck on this issue. I am also new to this forum as so I apologize as I am having a bit of difficulty figuring out how to search on this site. I think this may be a general issue and not just an X3 issue.

Thanks, any help is appreciated!!

·
X3*****
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I reported the rough feeling but it didn't start stalling until after warranty. I will take your advice and make a video tomorrow morning. I notice the tachometer is always above the 1 when it stalls. If I wait until it drops down to below 1 before I put it in reverse it doesn't stall.

·
X3*****
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi thanks for your reply, I don't have the door open...It did stall a few times when I apparently did not have the door shut all the way and gave me a message about securing the car from rolling so now I make sure the car doors are properly shut. Now it just stalls intermittenly when I put it in reverse to back out of my garage or a parking space.

·
X3*****
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cautiously optimistic! Yesterday I took it to an independent BMW mechanic who tested it and at first could not replicate it. No fault codes. Finally got it to stall at the end of the day. "looked for obvious causes of stalling" and found none. In the morning it occurred again and apparently it was something related to the "DME control unit" That was "re-coded" . They also told me my car has never had programming updates..? It my line of work that can sometimes be a good thing if there are bugs in the new programs which can cause headaches until they are fixed. Either way I have questions for the dealer but so far today and yesterday, no stalling. And the car just sounds better too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.