BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently bought a 2004 X3. It has 3 problems and I am wondering if they are all connected. Left hand side alcove (next to the tools) was full of water and this had also gone into the battery compartment. I have dried all this out and am aware this may be the sunroof drains. The rear wash wipe is not working however and am thinking this may be connected. The pump works and the rear wiper comes on so the water must be going somewhere. It doesnt seem to be coming out at the front and the inside of the car is dry. In the left hand compartment there is a silver box which was submerged with water. Is this the PDC control box?

HELP!

·
Registered
167 Posts
The silver box in the well in that compartment is either the bluetooth ulf or the BMW Assist TCU. The PDC control isn't there - I think it may be in the void just aft of the rear seats, but if your battery well was full of water, then this void could also be. You will need to remove the 3 push-rivets which you vcan see if you remove the boot floor panel - they are on the lip. If you pull the 3 rivets, then you should be able to lift the panel (not remove it as there are other screws behind the rear seats) and see if there is water in there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I will have a dig about tonight re the PDC, guess it wont be doing it much help if it is sitting under water. Still need to find out where the water is coming from though :cry:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts