What should I do?

• 98V or higher is fine, Michelin Primacy MXM4's are worth the extra money

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Replacing the factory 245/45r19 Goodyear Eagle LS-2 RFT, which are 102V rated.. The tire variety goes down drastically at that rating or higher in that size. Will going down to 98V have an impact (noise, stability, control, steering, response, etc)? I am thinking about the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus or the Michelin Primacy MXM4's..

·
Registered
695 Posts
Out of an abundance of caution and avoiding any future issues, I tend to stick with the manufactures specs. However, maybe another member can confirm, I believe the load rating on the P Zero summer tires that come on the truck is 98Y, but that is of course a much different tire.

·
Registered
554 Posts
We replaced the 245-45/19 OEM Goodyears on our X3 with Michelin Primacy MXM4 ZPs (run flats). We have been very pleased with them.

I was originally thinking about Potenza RE960 run flats in that size, but discovered their load rating is 98, less than the 102 of the Michelins / OEM tires. For my own peace of mind, I decided not to consider the Bridgestones and bought the Michelins.

Bruce

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.