BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Does anyone know what are those pieces for circled in red? I cracked one of these while changing cover gasket and now car has terrible idle for first 5 seconds I start the car, then car is smooth, I am not sure if it has anything to do with cracked plastic piece, if so I will go ahead and get new cover.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
many folks have used JB weld if money is tight
I will definetely consider this if I cannot find an used one, I am hoping to pay $100-150 for used cover, if cant find then JB weld might be a great option,
Do you think JB weld is good for "inside" valve cover? I assume its hot and very oily in there.

By the way, what are those pieces for? Could they cause bad idle for few seconds after I start the car?

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
common bust point...drain back nipple....can be glued !

>crankcase drain back nipples .....they can bust off .....super glue or JB holds up very well to get them fixed....have not heard of them causing idle issues

>view,study and inwardly digest this link...see about 21 mins and 30 seconds in where he covers your bust nipples and the fix .....best wishes

>also ensure you clean/inspect the eccentric shaft sensor plug and socket as he shows

>also ....gotta have the valvetronic motor install correct and the initialization routine he shows done a couple of times or so ....very simple .....don't look for it to be complicated

>dyall have a good code reader ????....need to check you are not running lean / have not got a vac leak from a bust hose etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdtnG1kqtjo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts