BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

X4 M40i - Option 5AP - Decoding for no-dazzle High Beam

3797 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  DBU
It is my understanding that BMW's "no-dazzle High Beam" feature, which is part of the full LED lighting package in some countries, does not work for USA market cars. If that is so, I wonder whether this feature in fact can be coded on a USA market car. This 5AP "option" sure sounds like BMW were forced to decode it for USA.
In another (model) forum, someone stated that the USA headlights are physically missing a "magic roller" that makes this no-dazzle possible. I am not inclined to spend $1,900 on LED headlights if most of the good stuff has been coded out - and cannot be re-coded back in to functionality.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
I have done it on my X3 and it works fine. I assume the coding should be same for X4...go on the coding thread to find out. If its the same, there is a PDF manual I got from another forum with detailed instructions, send me a PM for a link to it.
Pm sent
I have done it on my X3 and it works fine. I assume the coding should be same for X4...go on the coding thread to find out. If its the same, there is a PDF manual I got from another forum with detailed instructions, send me a PM for a link to it.
NGHB. If you need any assistance, I am in the area.
It is my understanding that BMW's "no-dazzle High Beam" feature, which is part of the full LED lighting package in some countries, does not work for USA market cars. If that is so, I wonder whether this feature in fact can be coded on a USA market car. This 5AP "option" sure sounds like BMW were forced to decode it for USA.
In another (model) forum, someone stated that the USA headlights are physically missing a "magic roller" that makes this no-dazzle possible. I am not inclined to spend $1,900 on LED headlights if most of the good stuff has been coded out - and cannot be re-coded back in to functionality.
PM sent
NGHB. If you need any assistance, I am in the area.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.