BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Chaps,
In case you haven't noticed i'm new on here and have been told it would be the best place to go to ask a few questions.
Now i've had my X5 since the 1st March and am more than pleased with it. But i've been looking into getting it chipped, for a little extra grunt.. :) Now I do about 40,000 miles a year (alot motorway) and the only thing that worries me about having it done is the fuel economy. The chap who i'm looking at getting it done with, says it can higher my MPG in some cases, but i'm a little unsure myself... :rolleyes:
Basically, I know it's not going to drop the MPG massively, but can any of you chaps tell me what sort of difference it might make on a combined MPG basis? Also what sort of BHP and lb/ft gains i'm looking a getting.
The one i'm looking at, is Superchips, but if there's any better ones anyone knows of, i'd appreciatte the advice. I live in the Lincoln area, but travel alot, so I cover most areas in regards to tuners locations.
Cheers guys, Pete.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Pete,

I've heard great things about a company from Belgium called Tuning Box. Their bit of kit is a simple plug and play device that you can install yourself. The beauty of this is the fact you can remove it before taking the car back to the dealer for any service work. They claim to take the 3.0d from 218 bhp to 258 bhp. This should give your car serious grunt.

Tuning Box website

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.