Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a problem with my 2011 x5 35 D. When kicking to full throttle like on ramp entry or passing a car. I get an engine malfunction. My power reduces and my diesel becomes a dog. If I
Cycle the power it resets and is fine. Persistent cel. Took
To the dealer for a recall and they reported codes:
1160 boost pressure.
1160 throttle valve .
1170 transfer pump scr
483d throttle actuator

May be unrelated and part of the air bag recall but also see a note in service : 0064073 No text for this FR CODE! 459WRC

ANY help appreciated. They wanted $360 just to tell me what the codes point to. I had Congestive heart failure in January need to fix this myself if possible.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Try a search with those codes. Looks like a throttle valve problem, but the boost pressure and transfer pump are likely unrelated. To troubleshoot on your own you really need to be able to pull codes and run test menus on your own. Regurgitating codes from dealers and swapping parts is a bad idea with these vehicles.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,484 Posts
Invest in a foxwell 520 reader

Reset all your codes, see which come back, I going to guess RFD SCR is unrelated.

You in the USA? Always helpful... What city and state?

Good instinct to decline the dealer.

Let us know what codes come back, happy to help.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Dup

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Invest in a foxwell 520 reader

Reset all your codes, see which come back, I going to guess RFD SCR is unrelated.

You in the USA? Always helpful... What city and state?

Good instinct to decline the dealer.

Let us know what codes come back, happy to help.
+1 on the approach and will add a few things:
1. Don't cut corners and re-post codes from generic reader, those not specific enough.
2. If you are not handy with code troubleshooting and mechanical work you may not be able to get it figured out. Some of these codes are like peeling layers of an onion and there is risk of throwing unnecessary parts at it without full diagnosis. There are several people with experience but doing this via keyboard is not always feasible.
2a. You may want to search for an independent shop with BMW diesel experience and consult with them. It should be cheaper than dealer and hopefully they are ethical enough that if there is a service campaign on parts they identify as faulty they can send you to the dealer with talk track.
2b. You might reach out to your local BMW CCA chapter. Someone may be able and willing to help with resetting codes and doing the research.
3. More for ard, If non elective medical care is turning into a financial burden, OP has to be in the US.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Only in America, heath care is more of a pain in the ass than dealing with a bmw dealer.
As the pundits on tv say, we have the best healthcare (money can buy). Actually we're number 11 last I checked. But brainwashing is big here... This crap depresses me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts