BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why the M Sport package is unavailable for the 35d? I really like how the M sport body and rims look and would love to be able to upgrade. I'm guessing the sport steering wheel in the sport package is the same as the M wheel but I'm not sure.

Thx, I'm scheduled for production Dec 7th so I have some time to make changes...:thumbup:

·
Registered
504 Posts
There is no "M Sport Package" for the BMW X5 35d. However, I think you can still order the wheels from your dealer as accessories and then take the other wheel's off. The sport wheel is very similar to the M Wheel, but with no M logo on it.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
23,673 Posts
Does anyone know why the M Sport package is unavailable for the 35d? I really like how the M sport body and rims look and would love to be able to upgrade. I'm guessing the sport steering wheel in the sport package is the same as the M wheel but I'm not sure.

Thx, I'm scheduled for production Dec 7th so I have some time to make changes...:thumbup:
I guess same reason you can't get a Chevy short block in the X5. BMW has not made it an option.

My guess is that they decided the market segment that wants a diesel isn't the same as those that want MSport, and to keep some 'value' in the options they want some exclusivity...

·
Registered
38 Posts
wanted the active steering.... but didnt have that as an option on the 35d.... but like your case, saved some money by not offering it. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this posting from 2009. :) This is my first posting and I did tons of search to look for the answer. I'm kinda confused about this question. I've seen someone driving X5 35d with M package on youtube (the guy from Beligum)

and I think I saw someone driving X5 35d with M Sports package in my neighborhood.

Also I did look at the X5 brochure, it shows that there's no option for 35d M sport package.

It's confusing me! :)

I'm serious considering buying X5 35d as we drive a lot and would love to use diesel as it's cheaper and there are several diesel stations near by our hotspots on where we tend to drive to.

I'm looking to buy within a year but eying on 2012 as it comes with more options as a standard.

Now the big question is, does anyone know if 2012 X5 35d will allow you to opt for M Sports Package?

Thanks!

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
7,750 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this posting from 2009. :) This is my first posting and I did tons of search to look for the answer. I'm kinda confused about this question. I've seen someone driving X5 35d with M package on youtube (the guy from Beligum)
Different options are available in different markets. A "diesel performance car" is not viewed as an oxymoron in the EU, as it is here.

Now the big question is, does anyone know if 2012 X5 35d will allow you to opt for M Sports Package?
Nope. The product planning folks in Woodcliff Lake might know, but they're not talkgin. Anyone else would just be guessing.

There is a LOT to like about a 35D with the garden variety (non-M) sport package. Even with the 20" wheels, it's "stealthy" compared to an M Sport. And if you spend time here, you will find that the M Sport guys have a loty of problems with stone chips, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts