BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking around for X5 E70 Engine Mount DYI and found nothing. Here is why I am creating a new thread for this. According to Tis ( https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/...ission-mounting/22-11-engine-mounting/Q4v1Utp) in order to get to the right mount, you have to follow the process of replacing engine support right arm that requires the release of EGR cooler from diesel particulate filter. mess around with the DPF to get to the mount. replace the coolant, the EGR v clamp, and few other seals. Really BMW?

Has anyone done this before? any tricks to save this work is greatly appreciated. I truly appreciate your help on this!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I was wondering about the same thing. Looks like a lot of parts to remove for one bolt. I hope someone who has done this can chime in.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Just bought the two mounts and started doing research. Thats a lot of stuff to come out to remove that right mount.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just bought the two mounts and started doing research. Thats a lot of stuff to come out to remove that right mount.
I am dealing with some issues in the process. Before you start make sure to Check your front pipe where it connects to the rear side of the exhaust. Going backwords DPF ***8212; front pipe ***8212; on the next connection there are 2 self locking nuts these are rusted and look like welded in my case; I am trying everything to save the bolts which are not replaceable by the way. So keep that in mind If you ever decid to grind them. I am still in the phase of saving them. I will let you know how it goes.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,893 Posts
Any updates?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts