Bimmerfest BMW banner

1001 - 1020 of 1022 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
No help, but I have the same issue. I've tried home wi-fi and my phone as a hotspot with no success. Sometimes you can find the apk of an app oniine, and save to and load from USB.

What Android version is yours, mine is 4.4 so is pretty laggy in the first place.
Mine is quite new. Android 9.0. The wifi can just about connect to my iPhone personal hotspot when you hold the phone close to it but even though the car is just outside my front room window it can't connect to my home wifi. My iPhone gets a pretty decent signal inside the car to the same wifi.

I managed to get an android phone to create a hotspot which was basically a repeater for my home wifi and that allowed me to download maps for sygic but ideally I'd like to be able to up the quality of the wifi on the device because then it might be able to get a solid connection to my iPhone for sygic traffic updates whilst driving etc.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Mine is quite new. Android 9.0. The wifi can just about connect to my iPhone personal hotspot when you hold the phone close to it but even though the car is just outside my front room window it can't connect to my home wifi. My iPhone gets a pretty decent signal inside the car to the same wifi.

I managed to get an android phone to create a hotspot which was basically a repeater for my home wifi and that allowed me to download maps for sygic but ideally I'd like to be able to up the quality of the wifi on the device because then it might be able to get a solid connection to my iPhone for sygic traffic updates whilst driving etc.
I gave up on Sygic for those reasons, also lagged a lot on the 4.4. Only use the wired carplay dongle with Waze now. Works great except for having to connect it each time so usually forgo unless I want to navigate or stream phone music.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I gave up on Sygic for those reasons, also lagged a lot on the 4.4. Only use the wired carplay dongle with Waze now. Works great except for having to connect it each time so usually forgo unless I want to navigate or stream phone music.
I haven***8217;t really tried Sygic out properly yet what with the lockdown here but it seemed quite stable downloading the maps even though I had to do it via an android phone repeating my wifi so the unit could pick it up. It also seemed to run quite well tapping around it but I***8217;ve not tried driving with it so I expect that will show up more issues. I managed to get it wired up to the car GPS aerial with a splitter and I also did the same with the cars DAB aerial and a USB DAB+ dongle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
CCC radio upgrade no signal - please help

I upgraded the system to a CCC on a 2009 X5.

Android system works until I try to revert to the existing system for reverse camera or previous controls and service information.

This does become active by plugging in the no longer needed power back into the original screen, displaying on both the original and the new one.

This remains even when removing the power to the original screen, however when I restart the engine it drops off to no signal again.

Has anyone experienced this and know a fix please?

Cheers
Simon

·
What was that?
814 Posts
Filks, looking for input on this system as I am considering as an update for my CIC equipped X5 35i Base 2011.

Koason E70 E71 (2011-2013) 4+32G 10.25" Screen Monitor Android 9.0 Auto Video Media Player GPS Navigation for BMW X5 X6 X5M X6M Multimedia Headunit CIC https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YJKNKMD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_BZ-ZEbXB77466

Here are the questions I have;
My front seats have heat distribution adjustment that is managed thru the CIC system. Anyone know if that type of functionality is retained? Thinking of vent heat/cold distribution as well...

I am one of those that has downloaded over 250 music CDs into the HD in the car. Anyone with experience to tell of the HD is still accessible via the Android unit?

To those that have done the update, how hard is the job?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
What was that?
814 Posts
X5 E70 CCC upgrade to 10.25" Android

Did you even read the thread or last handful of posts?

Hi sunny, I started reading from the first post but then realized they are from 3 years ago and picture links no longer work. I realize there are newer responses as well... guess I will have to comb thru.

The product description on Amazon is vague, and half the time incorrect based on purchase experiences.

Edit: do you know the answers to the questions I asked by any chance?

·
bmw addiction
7,143 Posts
Everything on the iDrive side functions like before. Just make sure you go into the Android settings when you install the screen and choose the correct resolution so the iDrive screen fits properly

·
Kar85
2 Posts
Usb dac

I was using a dragonfly red but the noise floor was high. now I'm using a soundkey dac and love it. you can check my build (see sig) for more details
Hi,

I am using Dragonfly black and I have to correct (getting low) the media volume every time I start the system. Have you had the same problem and if yes how you solved it?

·
Kar85
2 Posts
Yep, mine is dragonfly black, without any controls.
I was able to solve the problem using a volume control app ( it adds volume once my music app is started ).
Thanks for your response though!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I've been thinking about purchasing and installing this on my 2009 X5 E70 (CCC), however I do have some questions.

One of the control units in my car, which is situation within the rear quarter panel, was damaged due to water leaking from the sunroof.
Therefore some of the functions are no longer working and these include:
  • Auxiliary audio input
  • Bluetooth
  • TV
  • Reverse Camera
The Radio (AM/FM), parking sensors and SatNav is still working.

I was wondering how many of the currently non-functioning feature would be replacing by the Android Auto unit.

If those faulty feature are covered by installing the Android Auto unit then I can avoid having to replace the water damaged module and will make my decision to purchase the Android unit a simple one.

Thanks in advance,
John.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hi,

I've been thinking about purchasing and installing this on my 2009 X5 E70 (CCC), however I do have some questions.

One of the control units in my car, which is situation within the rear quarter panel, was damaged due to water leaking from the sunroof.
Therefore some of the functions are no longer working and these include:
  • Auxiliary audio input
  • Bluetooth
  • TV
  • Reverse Camera
The Radio (AM/FM), parking sensors and SatNav is still working.

I was wondering how many of the currently non-functioning feature would be replacing by the Android Auto unit.

If those faulty feature are covered by installing the Android Auto unit then I can avoid having to replace the water damaged module and will make my decision to purchase the Android unit a simple one.

Thanks in advance,
John.
All of those features will work on the Android unit. Imagine you're installing an Android tablet and what they can do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
All of those features will work on the Android unit. Imagine you're installing an Android tablet and what they can do.
Thanks for your reply,

My concern is that some of those signals, such as the reverse camera, might pass through the faulty module before making it to the head unit.

But I think I will take the risk and order the Android head unit.

Thanks.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Thanks for your reply,

My concern is that some of those signals, such as the reverse camera, might pass through the faulty module before making it to the head unit.

But I think I will take the risk and order the Android head unit.

Thanks.
That could be true for the camera. I didn't have a camera and had to run the cable for it.

Can say I've read every post in this thread and on others and appears the camera is plug n play.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That could be true for the camera. I didn't have a camera and had to run the cable for it.

Can say I've read every post in this thread and on others and appears the camera is plug n play.
OK that's good to know. In any case I can just replace the camera if I find it doesn't work since the OEM is of low resolution and perform very poorly at night. So I wont mind too much if I need to replace it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
773 Posts
OK that's good to know. In any case I can just replace the camera if I find it doesn't work since the OEM is of low resolution and perform very poorly at night. So I wont mind too much if I need to replace it.

Thanks.
The camera is bright and you can very well at night. My Acura is very dim.

1001 - 1020 of 1022 Posts