BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 1048 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello fellow bimmers!
First time posting... hopefully someone can assist me in my search for an answer as AVIN, hasn’t been upfront or helpful yet.
I have a 2009 CIC E70... with updated Android unit. However, I am unable to adjust the screen brightness in the OEM side, which sits at 50% and will not adjust up (or down for that matter). Even when Android brightness is at 100%, the OEM side is to dimmed.
AVIN appears to be dancing around my issue. Has anyone else experienced this issue and found a workaround? Thanking you all in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys. I’ve updated my 2011 cic x5 with one of the systems locally available running android 9. There is however one prominent problem. I’m getting a “Level control system failure” after installing the system. I’m attaching the images of the codes that pop up because of the same. Any help would be appreciated. I think there is some wiring issue that needs to he resolved.

Attachments

·
Registered
776 Posts
Hi guys. I've updated my 2011 cic x5 with one of the systems locally available running android 9. There is however one prominent problem. I'm getting a "Level control system failure" after installing the system. I'm attaching the images of the codes that pop up because of the same. Any help would be appreciated. I think there is some wiring issue that needs to he resolved.
Did you figure this out? I believe that's due to the original display not being there. I have the same error and all works fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
ignore it.. its there because the original screen is not there.. however.. if you really want it to disappear.. you will have to updraft the whole car.. so it will see the new android screen as the original.. it happened to me when I made software update for the whole car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
First post here but I just installed in my 2009. Makes the car feel almost brand new!
Rear camera cable run from lift gate wasn’t too bad either, popped a few trim pieces off and ran in headliner to A Pilar and down, pulled side panel of dash and it was a straight shot to wire harness.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks good.
Do you have pictures of the wiring from the liftgate/rear camera to the body of the vehicle?
Yes! Here’s a few. I realized I didn’t get one at the top of the gate. But there I pulled the rubber boot back from lift gate and veh body, ran a long zip-tie through, and e-taped the cable to it to pull through, and then into headliner to front. White line is right below my path, which basically follows vehicles original wire path anyway. I’ll grab another shot tomorrow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Pic is where I ran into the rubber boot to get from lift gate into vehicle. Boot just pulls up/down from sides facing each other, if that makes sense. Long skinny zip tie was also helpful to get from glove box to behind ac/controls.
Got mine from Andream(US) Online Store, Android-Car-Dvd Online Store just under $300. Great communication and support. Power for rear cam from head unit, rca out for streaming from head unit, just run to aux input in elbow center console.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I bought a 10.25 android screen for my 2008 e70. Did anyone have issue installing the bottom module back together with the new harness? Sadly the wires connected to the fuse box broke off as I was pushing it in. So I can’t power on the new android unit. If anyone has a extra harness CCC version please give me shout. I already contacted my shipper which I got this unit from alibaba.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello, I bought a 10.25 android screen for my 2008 e70. Did anyone have issue installing the bottom module back together with the new harness? Sadly the wires connected to the fuse box broke off as I was pushing it in. So I can’t power on the new android unit. If anyone has a extra harness CCC version please give me shout. I already contacted my shipper which I got this unit from alibaba. View attachment 1022220 View attachment 1022221
Does the fuse block not open up so you can reconnect the wires? Looks like the wires just came out of their crimp/connector.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does the fuse block not open up so you can reconnect the wires? Looks like the wires just came out of their crimp/connector.
There soldered in. Every time the main harness for the android unit gets yanked down when I place the bottom cd module in place

·
Registered
12 Posts
Great! Thank you very much :)
Also, I ran the audio output from the head unit RCA outs down and along the passenger side of the center console by removing the side panel, again used a zip tie and pulled the aux cable through into the center storage. Then removed the aux in/usb/12v square out, disconnected all, drilled a hole for the aux cable and plugged in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There soldered in. Every time the main harness for the android unit gets yanked down when I place the bottom cd module in place
Strange. Do you need to peel back more friction tape on the oem cable to get more length? I feel I had too much length and had to find a spot to tuck it all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Strange. Do you need to peel back more friction tape on the oem cable to get more length? I feel I had too much length and had to find a spot to tuck it all.
Maybe just grab your own fuse holder set at an auto store and make your own fuse connection.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm revisiting purchasing one of these but as I stated some time ago my original aux input is not working and it seems most sellers state that a working auxiliary input is required for outputting the sound from the android unit.
The radio on my original CCC unit is working so the amp is working. Just wondering what my options now are without a working aux-input.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have you taken the aux input housing out in the center? I took mine out to drill a hole for the aux cord. Is the wiring connected, damaged? If not, reconnect and test. If it is connected, check for wire/solder damage, maybe you can repair?
I think I f you use the hardwired usb input you won’t need the aux line.
I’ll test and advise.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you taken the aux input housing out in the center? I took mine out to drill a hole for the aux cord. Is the wiring connected, damaged? If not, reconnect and test. If it is connected, check for wire/solder damage, maybe you can repair?
I think I f you use the hardwired usb input you won’t need the aux line.
I’ll test and advise.
There are a number of issues with my vehicle that were caused by the electronic unit in the rear being water damaged due to the leaking sunroof. The list of items that were affected are...
  • Aux in
  • Reverse Camera
  • USB input
  • TV
  • Bluetooth
What does work is
  • Radio (AM/FM)
  • SatNav
I would rather not replace the rear electronic unit if all the functions that are damaged can be replaced by one of the Android Auto units for my X5
Also, mine is CCC.

Thanks for responding.
John.

1021 - 1040 of 1048 Posts