BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1041 - 1048 of 1048 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just moved my cable from center console to the usb line on my unit. Audio does go thru it, so you can bypass the aux in using it. It also charges so you wouldn’t need to move the cord back and forth. Or you could charge two devices.
So that would fix all your issues in my mind. I don’t know about the reverse camera and TV tho. My inputs were RCA, and I had to run aftermarket rear camera as well. The Andream unit I bought sells rear cameras/lift gate handle replacement CCD HD Car Rear View Camera For BMW F30 F48 E60 E90 E70 E71 Series 3 5 X3 X1 Special Rear View Reversing Parking Camera
Not sure how to trigger the TV in the Andream unit, they do have some other adapter, a DAB+ and some MMi, I didn’t look into either, not really sure what they are. Car DAB+ Tuner/Box for Android Car DVD USB Digital Audio Broadcasting Receiver with Antenna Works for Europe android seems something for Europe?

My 2009 CCC did not have TV or navigation.
I’m selling my old head unit(in US), if anyone has a need.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just moved my cable from center console to the usb line on my unit. Audio does go thru it, so you can bypass the aux in using it. It also charges so you wouldn’t need to move the cord back and forth. Or you could charge two devices.
So that would fix all your issues in my mind. I don’t know about the reverse camera and TV tho. My inputs were RCA, and I had to run aftermarket rear camera as well. The Andream unit I bought sells rear cameras/lift gate handle replacement CCD HD Car Rear View Camera For BMW F30 F48 E60 E90 E70 E71 Series 3 5 X3 X1 Special Rear View Reversing Parking Camera
Not sure how to trigger the TV in the Andream unit, they do have some other adapter, a DAB+ and some MMi, I didn’t look into either, not really sure what they are. Car DAB+ Tuner/Box for Android Car DVD USB Digital Audio Broadcasting Receiver with Antenna Works for Europe android seems something for Europe?

My 2009 CCC did not have TV or navigation.
I’m selling my old head unit(in US), if anyone has a need.
I am not affiliated with the website links I posted, just passing what I used/saw.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the info.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Just moved my cable from center console to the usb line on my unit".
My main concern is to have the audio working once I replace the unit. TV support is not critical, and reverse camera, as you mentioned, can be resolved by replacing with a aftermarket one.

There seems to be many variations to the electronics in the E70 with different control units depending on the options the car was ordered with. Mine has the SatNav and USB. There is also a CD player in the glove compartment and one on the console, could be a DVD player. Not sure as I never use it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the info.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Just moved my cable from center console to the usb line on my unit".
My main concern is to have the audio working once I replace the unit. TV support is not critical, and reverse camera, as you mentioned, can be resolved by replacing with a aftermarket one.

There seems to be many variations to the electronics in the E70 with different control units depending on the options the car was ordered with. Mine has the SatNav and USB. There is also a CD player in the glove compartment and one on the console, could be a DVD player. Not sure as I never use it.

Thanks.
Sorry. I plug my phone in to charge next to the aux input of the center console. I moved it to the usb input of the 10.25” head unit that replaced my CCC head unit. So hardwired Apple car play. The head unit usb input can also play music, videos etc from that usb input. So I would assume the audio would work for you that way rather than on the aux input, since that is what I understand to be your main issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry. I plug my phone in to charge next to the aux input of the center console. I moved it to the usb input of the 10.25” head unit that replaced my CCC head unit. So hardwired Apple car play. The head unit usb input can also play music, videos etc from that usb input. So I would assume the audio would work for you that way rather than on the aux input, since that is what I understand to be your main issue.
Ok, I think I understand. The reason for my concern was that some of these Android units required a working Aux-in. This is because they use a cable from the Android unit to the Aux-in socket. However, I wasn't sure if this is the case for all Android units suitable for a X5 E70 CCC. It's just a big purchase to make based on chance.

Perhaps I can contact the retailer so they can confirm.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok, I think I understand. The reason for my concern was that some of these Android units required a working Aux-in. This is because they use a cable from the Android unit to the Aux-in socket. However, I wasn't sure if this is the case for all Android units suitable for a X5 E70 CCC. It's just a big purchase to make based on chance.

Perhaps I can contact the retailer so they can confirm.

Thanks again.
Got it. So for mine I guess the answer is both, wireless Apple play does require it, but the usb input does not. I’m sure most manufacturers would absolutely answer that for you. Mine was great to worth with in chat before I bought, and email with questions after.
Reminds me I need to leave a review!

·
Enjoying E46 & E70
308 Posts
I noticed recently my Android Head Unit gives a error message with voice command when using the navigation (Waze).
This was always a snap when I give a voice destination when using the navigation.
Anyone have any idea why this is suddenly happening?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there, are there any chances to get informed about the combination of the android head unit and custom build sound system? I want to upgrade my OEM speakers and processor to an aftermarket one. So I don't know how to they perform together with the head unit. I don't want to use the sound processor of the head unit. Has anyone tried this combo?

1041 - 1048 of 1048 Posts