BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After two mechanics, $1500, a new battery, new alternator, and 10 jumps from AAA, my X5 battery drains (sometimes) over a 2-day period mysteriously. I have had mechanics swear the problem is fixed, then leave the car for 3 days overnight- it starts, then I take it home, and it won't start 3 weeks later.

Ready to trade in.

Ross

·
Registered
9 Posts
I experienced a very similar issue last winter with my '05 4.4i. After a week in the shop, they told me that they "think" it's fixed (they changed out all kinds of electrical modules, nav unit, bluetooth unit, etc). Before I had a chance to pick it up, the service manager called to tell me that it's dead again. After another week, they told me that it was definitely fixed. I picked it up, it drove fine for a few days, then it was dead again. As I was still under warranty, I had it towed in. After about a week in the shop, they called and said the found they problem. As I recall, it was related to water not properly draining from the sunroof, and getting into the control module. PM your email address to me and I'll double check the details on my repair paperwork.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts