BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, Does anyone know the new lease numbers for Feb on 2019 x5? Are the number for any leftover 2018***8217;s the same as the ***8216;19 numbers?

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Hi there, Does anyone know the new lease numbers for Feb on 2019 x5? Are the number for any leftover 2018's the same as the '19 numbers?
Programs are regional, so there won't be one answer. In my region, there are better incentives for the 2018 than the 2019, as before.

·
Registered
2018 X5M
1,714 Posts
February 2019 Lease Program:

X5 (2018MY)
15k miles / 56% residual
12k miles / 58% residual
10k miles / 59% residual

$2000 lease credit for X5 35i
$3500 lease credit for X5 50i and 35d
$5250 lease credit for X5 40e
$1500 loyalty credit

X5 (2019MY)
15k miles / 56% residual
12k miles / 58% residual
10k miles / 59% residual

$1500 loyalty credit

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Just to show regional differences (West Region 38):

MY 2018
$1,000 lease credit for X5 35i and X5 M
$2,500 lease credit for X5 50i and 35d
$4,250 lease credit for X5 40e
$1,500 lease loyalty credit

Find a dealer in his region!

As we have discussed before, yopu should make a habit of checking incentives by selecting a wide number of zip codes at BMW USA.

February 2019 Lease Program:

X5 (2018MY)
15k miles / 56% residual
12k miles / 58% residual
10k miles / 59% residual

$2000 lease credit for X5 35i
$3500 lease credit for X5 50i and 35d
$5250 lease credit for X5 40e
$1500 loyalty credit

X5 (2019MY)
15k miles / 56% residual
12k miles / 58% residual
10k miles / 59% residual

$1500 loyalty credit

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
Isn't the BMWFS incentive based on the zip code of the customer?

Not sure about the BMWUSA incentives.
The incentives shown on BMWUSA website are regionalized. These incentives are tied to BMW FS for the most part... but not all of them I think. In any case, lease incentives, finance incentives etc are all regionalized.

In my case, southern california did not have access to 2.89 interest that was available in other states.

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Isn't the BMWFS incentive based on the zip code of the customer?

Not sure about the BMWUSA incentives.
No, BMWFS incentives are based on the zip code of the region you are buying/leasing from, not your location.

And there really aren't any BMW USA published discounts anymore, other than USAA and College Grad Those are national.

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
What's the MF for excellent credit?

If you mean "what is base money factor this month for top tier credit," which I believe in BMW land is defined as 700+ but could be higher, I believe that is currently .00188 - .00228, negotiable between you and the dealer.

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
Thanks. That MF is truly atrocious.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Actually, its pretty competitive, given the fact that interest rates have been rising, so money factors etc have been rising with it.

Its likely not going to get better, its likely going to get worse as interest rates continue to rise... unless the economy tanks again.

The problem here is we have a whole decade of buyers who are "used to" interest rates like 0.9 or money factors like .00130 (like I got in 2016).

Thats gone, and likely not coming back anytime soon, so if you mean the money factor is "atrocious" compared to 2016, then yes its a lot worse. If you mean its "atrocious" based on todays car deals across manufacturers, well.. I think when you look at other brands you will likely find its right in line.

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Actually, its pretty competitive, given the fact that interest rates have been rising, so money factors etc have been rising with it.

Its likely not going to get better, its likely going to get worse as interest rates continue to rise... unless the economy tanks again.

The problem here is we have a whole decade of buyers who are "used to" interest rates like 0.9 or money factors like .00130 (like I got in 2016).

Thats gone, and likely not coming back anytime soon, so if you mean the money factor is "atrocious" compared to 2016, then yes its a lot worse. If you mean its "atrocious" based on todays car deals across manufacturers, well.. I think when you look at other brands you will likely find its right in line.
Audi or MB (not sure which one) has an MF under 0.00150. Their captive financial company has to have those MFs subsidized to get that low today.

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
I consider that "in the ballpark" but I get that sometimes its more subsidized than others (depending on what the specific mfr wants to move). I have seen BMW regional offers of 2.XX percent in january for example.. just not MY region or I might have purchased instead of leased.

·
Registered
10,695 Posts
Audi or MB (not sure which one) has an MF under 0.00150. Their captive financial company has to have those MFs subsidized to get that low today.
Seems like BMWFS still prefers to subvent residual values rather than discount MFs. Both approaches have their pros/cons for the consumer but likely don't matter unless you're planning on buying the car at the end of the lease.

·
Registered
984 Posts
That's not likely enough to overcome their terrible residual.

Comparing a 5 series right now to an E class.

The 5 series has a .00188 MF and 61% residuals (10k/36mo)

The E class has a 54% residual, and apparently about .00150 MF. That cannot overcome that residual.

IDK if MB does MSDs and how they impact MF. And I am still trying to figure out incentives.
But on a similarly priced (not necessarily featured) vehicle, I'm looking at $100/mo difference.

Unfortunately, when looking at ED, MB actually might be better overall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts