BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. So i recently was fortunate enough to be handed down a silver 2009 x5 30i. I know there is a stereotype that the X5 is somewhat of a mom car. I love it but i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to make is less of a soccer mobile. Any input would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
oh. condolences.
I didn't know that!

·
Registered
621 Posts
26" chrome wheels with spinners, 1500 watt subwoofer, quad side exhaust tips, replace the stock spoiler with something that belongs from 2F2F, hood scoop, etc.

Seriously, I think the X5 looks manly the way it is.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Not every mom out there would enjoy the manly firm steering wheel on the X5. ;) I personally think the X5 is one of the more manly looking SAV's out there.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Kind of an arrogant first post. Most of us have to work for our new to newish BMW's.
My handed down car was an 82 Renault if that gives a little perspective.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
539 Posts
Uh-Oh - I got rid of my Rx350 for a 2013 X5 because my wife said the Rx was a "Mom car" - now I'm marked for life! Better trade the BMW for an F-150 pickup.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Hey hey, he did say "fortunate enough".
If you want to make it less soccer mom (which it isn't), replace/paint everything shiny - grilles, badges.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hey everyone. So i recently was fortunate enough to be handed down a silver 2009 x5 30i. I know there is a stereotype that the X5 is somewhat of a mom car. I love it but i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to make is less of a soccer mobile. Any input would be much appreciated!
What complete drivel. Possibly the silliest post I have ever seen on this forum. Are you 9? Yes, yes, sorry, that would explain it.

·
Registered
857 Posts
In kansas city 99% of x5 drivers are women, mostly the 3.0 i think.

A few times i see a man driving the m sport or the bigger engine one with more aggressive rims

·
Registered
857 Posts
If your manhood is tied up in your car, no car will fullfill you.
Well said, but it is a frustrating when all u see is moms driving a car you want to get.

Funny thing lately i have seen more men driving the lexus suv, but usually with a wife in passenger seat, when I see the moms in x5's they rolling solo

·
Registered
102 Posts
Come on guys, OP didn't state his age and perhaps he's old enough (in his 30's?) and his mother happened to "hand it down" to him because she wanted to?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.