BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased an 08 X5. Awesome vehicle. Has single CD player, radio, (RDS), MP3 capabilities, high fidelity 12 speaker system. Took it to a local auto audio store who said they don't have anything to install that will allow satellite radio to play through current system. Local BMW said the same. Really? No way to install satellite radio that will play and display through current dash display?
Thanks,
Ron

· Registered
363 Posts
Hello 60268...I just picked up a 2009 3 series, without Sirius. I am researching adding Sirius; I have it in the x5, and really miss not having it when I am in the 328i. It seems like cars built 2010 and later, have the module built in the system, and it is just a re-programming issue. In model year 2009 and older, a module needs to be purchased (retail about $950). A few other things must be purchased as well. These older cars are rough wired for the module, and this harness can be found under the trunk carpet. Do not be deterred by the two idiots you spoke to...I am almost positive you can do this...good luck

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Callaway845. I thought if we can put a man on the moon someone out there would know how to get satellite on an 08X5. I'm not afraid to get hands dirty but would like to have everything ready and try to get it done as a one day project. I would appreciate any and all details if possible of what is needed to be purchased.
Thanks in advance.
Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.