Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 X5 D that I love... with one exception: the radio seems to have a mind of its own when the (preset) FM radio station that I'm listening too is too weak, and it then changes the station to the next closest station with a strong signal. Does anyone know how I can disable this function? I don't want it to decide for me that the signal is too weak and then change the station. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,186 Posts
"Radio" >>> "FM" or "AM" >>> "Manual"

Should give you a knob icon

Although its been many years since I listened to an actual radio station... ;)

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,186 Posts
Dupe

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"Radio" >>> "FM" or "AM" >>> "Manual"

Should give you a knob icon

Although its been many years since I listened to an actual radio station... ;)
Thanks for the quick reply but my issue isn't tuning the station. It's keeping the radio on that station once I've tuned it in.

(Every once in a while I like to listen to some 100% honest unbiased news radio. LOL)

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,186 Posts
Didn't think it would do that, change tuned frequency when on manual...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply but my issue isn't tuning the station. It's keeping the radio on that station once I've tuned it in.

(Every once in a while I like to listen to some 100% honest unbiased news radio. LOL)

Should still give ard's solution a try... possible there is auto-tuning involved in the non-manual operation of the FM radio.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,186 Posts
Should still give ard's solution a try... possible there is auto-tuning involved in the non-manual operation of the FM radio.
Good point, I thought he meant he was already using manual tune.

There have been issues with antennas and antenna grounds, etc, causing signal issues- but OP wasnt complaining about that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts