BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally went in saturday and pulled the trigger on a '12 X5 D, with premium package and running boards as options. MY FIRST BMW!! Alpine white/Black interior. $500 over invoice, plus the stupid MACO/training fees. With the rebates and all, came to $52230, plus tax, tags (dont have current plates) and gas. Dealer said they charge for a full tank of gas $75:confused:

Two questions, one, in order to take advantage of the $1000 credit, I needed to use BMWFS, for a minumum of 3 months at the 24 month/0.9% rate, and in which case I'll just put a bit less down. Going to see how long I can financially drag out the large monthly payment to try to knock off as much of the principle as possible, and then will refinance with either pentagon fed credit union (1.99/2.49) or Bank of America (3.09) as they have fairly low rates for upto 60 months (compared to 4.9% for BMWFS for 60 months). I am not a returning loyalty owner. Do you think this is a good idea or should I just go conventional and finance with pentagon from the start (but then i lose the $1000 credit)?

Second, the car production order was put in yesterday and got the production #. Ca told me that the BMW plant closes for 10 days at the end of the year for the holidays, so that might extend my production time :mad: How long do you think I could see before I get my car? What has your experiences been with orders?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
26,385 Posts
1. Tell the dealer DO NOT put gas in it.

2. I think I was offered 2.9/60, but was not paying attention. I am pretty sure YOU have no written restriction on how quickly you can pay off the note. However the dealer may get a chargeback if you do it too soon. You can tell the finance manager you do 2.9 and I'll keep it.... dunno.

3. Production, smduction...it is the DEALERS ALLOCATION that counts. The dealer knows precisely how many cars they are allocated eachj week and should know the week yours will start. BMW doesnt 'tell" them, the dealer tells BMW "please produce this order as one of our week xx slots"

A

PS Diesel is fuel, not gas. :) dorky, I know....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. Well the fuel thing I suppose I dont mind so much, but just wasn't sure if that's something people are charged for normally? A full tank would run me about $80+ anyway.

2. Where did u get the 2.9 for 60 months number? For the 35d I was told it was only 4.9 for 60 months.

3. Seems like the dealer is ready to put the car into production ASAP as they do have available slots for this week. Just wasn't sure if it'll actually go into production as he said the plant is closed for the last 10 days of the year, dunno if that's actually true or not

·
Resident Curmudgeon
26,385 Posts
1. Well the fuel thing I suppose I dont mind so much, but just wasn't sure if that's something people are charged for normally? A full tank would run me about $80+ anyway.

2. Where did u get the 2.9 for 60 months number? For the 35d I was told it was only 4.9 for 60 months.

3. Seems like the dealer is ready to put the car into production ASAP as they do have available slots for this week. Just wasn't sure if it'll actually go into production as he said the plant is closed for the last 10 days of the year, dunno if that's actually true or not
First comment was a joke.

I am not sure what they are offering, my purchase was mid Oct and as I said I really don't recall the number...well could have been higher for 60 months. The key point to my comment was to use financing- and the prospect of your keeping it or paying it off early- as leverage to get a lower deal.

Finally Week 51 or week 1...not much difference, is there?

GL

·
Registered
750 Posts
First comment was a joke.

I am not sure what they are offering, my purchase was mid Oct and as I said I really don't recall the number...well could have been higher for 60 months. The key point to my comment was to use financing- and the prospect of your keeping it or paying it off early- as leverage to get a lower deal.

Finally Week 51 or week 1...not much difference, is there?

GL
When my ca said he needed a day to prep/detail/gas my new x5d, I told him it was fine as long as he fueled instead of gassing it... He didn't get it :(

Jay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.