BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Go Phillies!
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lease is up in May. Does anyone have an idea as to when the refresh of X6 will be coming out? I think I could be in between manufacturing cycles and that could be a bit of an issue. Thx

·
Flying monkey herder
8,164 Posts
probably late 2019 as a MY2020
i would expect it to lauch the same time of year as the G05 did- november 2019

·
Go Phillies!
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, that will be a bit of an issue. Not thrilled with some of the design flaws on this generation X. But, I appreciate the info.

·
Flying monkey herder
8,164 Posts
unfortunately i dont think you can stretch your lease for 6 months.
maybe find a swap a lease for a year or so to tide you over if the X5 isnt an option

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
unfortunately i dont think you can stretch your lease for 6 months.
maybe find a swap a lease for a year or so to tide you over if the X5 isnt an option
If OP is waiting to order a new car that will be a refresh or LCI, and wants to extend to be able to do that, OP can likely call BMW FS and "work something out".

They will extend up to 6 months with a verified order number but OP would need to call, detail the situation (after finding out that in fact he did want to extend to get the new version of that car), and let them know and they will likely work with him on timing.

They were willing to work with me on my lease return 435 (lease end date of Jan 20th 2019) as I was considering waiting for the new M340 3 series, that was not going to come out until august as a 2020 version shipped in august / sept 2019. I was not sure what I wanted to do so told them I would get back to them (and decided to go in another direction ultimately), but they were willing to work with me.

They have official policies on lease extensions etc, but if you are waiting on an ordered BMW they will work with you.

·
Go Phillies!
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
End of production is 7/19.

New Bodystyle will probably start production 8/19 or 9/19.

Can push out current lease if ordered.
Many Thanks...that’s all I needed to know. I know BMWFS will extend. :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts