Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 4 children and use the 3rd row multiple times per day (when not in quarantine).

I love everything about the x7 except how long it takes the captains chairs to slide forward/back when allowing kids in and out of the third row. As much as I love everything about the x7, my wife calls this a deal-breaker.

Anyone heard of a solution? Every other large SUV we have owned have an electric release, but a manual fold, allowing kids to get in and out very quickly. I'm hoping this might happen on the 2021s, but can't find any info.

Many thanks!

·
Happily Driving
6,998 Posts
I had a loaner X7 once. It was awesome, but the slow electrical motors for moving the chairs around were totally lame....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Captain’s Chairs

At my request, the dealer removed the center armrests on my Captain’s Chars. Now the kids easy slip thru to the third row.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We've purchased a X7 a few weeks ago and asked the dealer if there is a solution for this and the answer was a big fat "no". The third row for us is an added bonus that won't be used often so it wasn't an issue but if our kids were little, this would have been a deal breaker. I call it Xloth 7! We've owned a few Mercedes GL variants when our kids were little so you might want to check them out, although I'm not sure how their 3rd row access is on the new GLS.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have 4 children and use the 3rd row multiple times per day (when not in quarantine).

I love everything about the x7 except how long it takes the captains chairs to slide forward/back when allowing kids in and out of the third row. As much as I love everything about the x7, my wife calls this a deal-breaker.

Anyone heard of a solution? Every other large SUV we have owned have an electric release, but a manual fold, allowing kids to get in and out very quickly. I'm hoping this might happen on the 2021s, but can't find any info.

Many thanks!
I say, either learn to be patient (this can happen when use to something), or if in that big a rush, let some kids go through the center, between the seats while waiting. I also wonder if there can be some key setting, and, perhaps if she opens the trunk, maybe press the buttons while loading the vehicle?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts