BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know somebody in these fourms has got to know how to replace the inner tie rods without having to drop the subframe. I am pretty confident this is my issue regarding dead steering and clunk when the engine is off. Starting to get really frustrated and need to get my car back up and running.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I know somebody in these fourms has got to know how to replace the inner tie rods without having to drop the subframe. I am pretty confident this is my issue regarding dead steering and clunk when the engine is off. Starting to get really frustrated and need to get my car back up and running.
Go to newtis.info. Everything you need to know and more.

·
Registered
3/2007 328xi E91
2,957 Posts
You seem to be in a big hurry to get SOMETHING done. Hope you take the time to pick the correct THING. :)

TIS calls what I presume you are describing the Track Rod, and here is the Procedure:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/...olumn-stalk-track-rod-steering-damper/GWUjenL

I would suggest taking the time to learn how to use TIS, as it is a tremendous Resource. If you are going to own/maintain a BMW E9x, you may find the attached pdf of References handy.

George

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts