BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

XENON BULB 06' 330i

4558 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  E92-Lighting
My driver side headlight went to a dim color about a week ago and then went out entirely. I am attempting to change the bulb but I am lost on how to get the light out of the socket. Is this a problem with the bulb or the igniter? Or both? If so can anyone give me a step by step on how to change this out? Dealer is asking 500 to do the job and that just seems a little steep for a bulb. Also, when I purchased new tires a few months ago my passenger side light started and continues to flicker when I hit bumps, does anyone have any idea how to fix this issue?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Assuming you have an E90 (sedan), this DIY should work for you.
I am attempting to change the bulb but I am lost on how to get the light out of the socket.
should be very simple and can be done from under the hood. i bought a new set online and changed both out in less than 1hr. i just took out the airbox and disconnected the MAF sensor. i did the rest fairly easy from there. just be careful with the clips on the cover. they are easy to break. did mine withiut having to go through wheel well.
Verts4Ever- Thanks for that DIY... I do have an E90 and that was perfect. Cisco661 thanks for that post as well. I thought about pulling out the airbox but wasn't too sure if that would give me enough clearance.
Either one of you guys have a suggestion for getting the bulb. Should I run down to the local auto store, factory, or somewhere else? Once again thanks for the help... exactly what I needed!!
You may know this already, but just in case... You're looking for a 35W D1S HID bulb (part no. 1 on this page).

I usually like to use Amazon for replacement bulbs, but that's just me. The OEM bulb color temp is 4300K, so something like the Sylvania Silverstar 5000K D1S HID bulb would be a good replacement.

You get what you pay for with HID bulbs, so while I wouldn't pay $215.95 for an OEM replacement bulb off of Bavarian Autosport, I also wouldn't buy a $15 bulb off of eBay.

Cheers.
Either one of you guys have a suggestion for getting the bulb.
we are fully stocked with all Xenon D1s bulbs in 6k and 8k, its error free or a full refund will apply
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.