BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought my passenger side bulb burned out on my 01 530i. Would not light when the switch is activated, engine running. However, when I turned the engine off, key in, on accessory setting, the light would fire on when I turned the light switch on. When I activated the high beam stalk with the keys out, engine off (you know the "see you home" feature where the lights go on for about 30 seconds), the bulb operated normally. No flicker, no flutter. Once again, when the engine is on, turning the light switch to the "on" position, no go. The bulbs are standard OEM Philips DS2. The driver's side is perfect. Driving me nuts.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
plasty said:
I thought my passenger side bulb burned out on my 01 530i. Would not light when the switch is activated, engine running. However, when I turned the engine off, key in, on accessory setting, the light would fire on when I turned the light switch on. When I activated the high beam stalk with the keys out, engine off (you know the "see you home" feature where the lights go on for about 30 seconds), the bulb operated normally. No flicker, no flutter. Once again, when the engine is on, turning the light switch to the "on" position, no go. The bulbs are standard OEM Philips DS2. The driver's side is perfect. Driving me nuts.
Have you witnessed this from looking at the bulbs or when sitting in the car? I just want to verify that it isn't a confusion between low- and high-beams.

Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts