BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a CPO 2006 325i. When I am on my street at night and I turn the wheel right the lights track right. When I turn left no go. I looked at the drivers xenon and it does not move. The dealer said it does not becuase it will blind oncoming driver.
So BMW only assumes you will make rights, can't it track left and down. how many oncoming drivers get light in their eyes all the time due to road contour.

Is my dealer full of it or is this system really only work on rights? I think it might be faulty

·
Rocket Scientist
1,455 Posts
Is the car in "D" or moving? When parked as I recall they will only move right.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked it from the outside in park, but I think I was in drive with my foot on the brake when i tried looking down my street.

·
Rocket Scientist
1,455 Posts
I checked it from the outside in park, but I think I was in drive with my foot on the brake when i tried looking down my street.
Could be you have to be moving then. From the 5-Series Owner's Manual...

To avoid blinding oncoming traffic, the Adaptive
Head Light directs light towards the front passenger
side when the vehicle is at a standstill.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
The headlamp must be in the automatic setting (to the left of "off/0"). The adaptive headlamp only turns right when the vehicle is at a standstill to avoid blinding oncoming drivers. The adaptive headlamp function is disabled when the vehicle is in Reverse.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts