Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
-The Mouth-
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my new car home tonight from the dealer and I noticed that one of my Xenon lights is angled quite a bit lower than the other. Is there a manual adjust on the headlight anywhere or do I have to take it back to the dealer? This is after they level out after turning them on of course

·
Registered
51 Posts
here's a picture of the know on top of the light assembly...clock wise to lower, and counter clock wise to raise...

Attachments

·
-The Mouth-
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found the knobs to raise and lower. I raised them all the way up leaving the left slightly lower still. Only one person has flashed me in a day.

·
10,856 Posts
My comment is this... Many people have given up on flashing people with mis-aimed xenons. Park your car with the lights on and drive towards it in your jetta. See if that's unpleasant or not.

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
If I park my car a few feet from a wall, the cutoff on the left beam is just a couple hairs lower than the right beam. In traffic, it appears that both beams cut off just below (or above...I forget) the rear licence plate of most cars in front of me. I rarely feel like the lights are pointed too far down (only in places where there are shapr elevation changes) and I have yet to be flashed in the six months I've had the car.

·
Registered
128 Posts
3seriesbimmer said:
I found the knobs to raise and lower. I raised them all the way up leaving the left slightly lower still. Only one person has flashed me in a day.
If your lights are all the way up, believe me your blinding the shit out of people. Since its only been a day you probably haven't shined them in too many peoples faces yet, just give it a few days. I thought my beams were mismatched too so I turned my left beam up to match my right one. And I walked about 50-75 feet away and didn't even have to squat down to have the light right in my eyes and I'm 6' tall. I have since put the left one back where it was because if you turn it up a more than just a little bit its right in oncoming traffic's eyes.

·
-The Mouth-
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well I ve been adjusting my lights each night to get a good level of view without hurting the eyes of oncoming motorists. I think I got it though the drivers side is only slightly lower than the passenger side but it seems to make all the difference to oncoming traffic. Also the Xenons sem to be turning more white/blue then when I first got the car. They used to be more yellow.

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
3seriesbimmer said:
Also the Xenons sem to be turning more white/blue then when I first got the car. They used to be more yellow.
You're just getting used to the color temp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts