BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I am thinking about putting Xenon lights in my car. Do any of you have experence in that? They say it is 3 times better !! I am looking for the good ones like the ones in my BMW 330 or better.

What do you recomend for the bmw 850? The 5000K or the 8000K ? They say the 8000K is better.. why is that? I am looking for the best looking and far away from the crapy lights... What should i get ? Thankyou for your help. These were the lights i was looking at....

http://www.hidexpress.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=10

Is there better ones than that?

· Old Fogey
678 Posts
Hi

This hasn't been a big thing in the E31 community. Switching to HIR was the latest trend.

Some owners are switching to HID now though. Ask again at the Roadfly E31 forum.

I think that a large part of the lack of experimentation is the $700 cost per bucket for replacements and the headlight adjuster recall that seems to require stock buckets. The techs break a lot and BMW can be persuaded to replace them with new buckets.

I put HIR bulbs in mine and with new adjusters and buckets/lenses I can actually see the road!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.