BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Forum:

I own a X5 2006, and I want to replace the lights front and rear, with new ones with LED Headlights.

Have you do the replacement successfully and, where did you buy the lights or how did you do?

I live in Panama

Thanks

Abdel

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Led headlights are not going to be as bright as xenon's in good condition. That said most of our xenon housings are in crappy condition, I know mine are.

If you have adaptive headlights like I do your going to have to get the car coded after swapping them out to avoid errors showing all the time.

I don't know which would be best to go with if you decide to do the swap.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi Crowz
Do you if there are over internet a site where I can buy, Xenon Headlights for my 2006 X5 and also all the replace pieces or parts and need to change in order to use Xenon Headlights properly?

Thanks a lot
AM

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
What kind of headlights do you have now?

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
If you have halogen lights then go with any aftermarket light you want to since they wont require recoding the car for them.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
That should "fit" but I would look for projector replacement headlights if it was me. Less likely to blind oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Yes I would replace the entire housing with a projector/angel eye/hid kit.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I bought WeissLicht LED lights for BMW e53 w/ HID Xenons and actually just installed one side this morning. They look so much better!!! They are actually on sale right now (I bought them at Bimmian.com and usually $149 plus ship but are $132 plus ship, not sure how long their sale lasts though). I am a women and had no issues installing it. Got passenger side in so far, and later when it's not so hot, I'm going to do the drivers side. No codes thrown and no flickering that I've seen yet. In my opinion, they look much better than the yellow rings...Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the info
I will see if i can buy them because it is more cheep than I thought it will.... $149.00
So i will see if i can replace the whole projector with HID Xenon Bulbs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts