BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Xenon Stepper Motor problem

3476 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  Orient330iNYC
i have a problem with my LH headlight on a 2009, 330D. The xenon part is pointing skywards and after investigation I can see that the adjuster has become disconnected. It appears to be a ball and socket arrangement and the two have come apart. I can see from the access panel at the top that the ball is on an arm that moves in and out, this still works as I can see it move back and forwards when someone turns the lights on.

Does anyone have any idea how to reconnect the two without taking the headlight out as that would involve removing most of the front of the car.

Any help would be most appreciated.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
you can try to get to it from the wheel well
if you remove the fender liner, then open the back of the headlight, you should be able to reseat the stepper motor.
i have a problem with my LH headlight on a 2009, 330D. The xenon part is pointing skywards and after investigation I can see that the adjuster has become disconnected. It appears to be a ball and socket arrangement and the two have come apart. I can see from the access panel at the top that the ball is on an arm that moves in and out, this still works as I can see it move back and forwards when someone turns the lights on.

Does anyone have any idea how to reconnect the two without taking the headlight out as that would involve removing most of the front of the car.

Any help would be most appreciated.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.