BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, what do you think abt this itinerary? Is it achievable?

June 27th Chicago to Paris
June 28th-June29th in Paris (visit eiffel tower, notredam and lovre)
June 30th 9am - take a direct flight to munich..visit BMW museum and factory tour.
July 1st - pick up car and drive along the swiss alps and sleep over at InterLaken(SWISS).
July 2nd - head to Nurburgring (driving on Autobahn) and sleep over there
July 3rd - Do some ceremonial laps on nurburgring and head to Amsterdam
July 4th - carwash and drop off..and then travel around amsterdam)
July 5th - chill out in Amsterdam
July 6th - Back to US

In the end, we will be visiting 5 cities (paris,munich,interlaken,nurburging and amsterdam) in 8 days and achieve our 5 objectives:

Touch Max speed on Autobahn
Drive on nurburgring --the Motorsport heaven.
Touring Paris and see one museum.
Experience a scenic drive along the alps.
Amsterdam .. enjoy ;)

Thanks,

·
weissbiermeister
1,256 Posts
I don't know if you want to do max speed on the Autobahn. Otherwise, have a great trip!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Guys, what do you think abt this itinerary? Is it achievable?

June 27th Chicago to Paris
June 28th-June29th in Paris (visit eiffel tower, notredam and lovre)
June 30th 9am - take a direct flight to munich..visit BMW museum and factory tour.
July 1st - pick up car and drive along the swiss alps and sleep over at InterLaken(SWISS).
July 2nd - head to Nurburgring (driving on Autobahn) and sleep over there
July 3rd - Do some ceremonial laps on nurburgring and head to Amsterdam
July 4th - carwash and drop off..and then travel around amsterdam)
July 5th - chill out in Amsterdam
July 6th - Back to US

In the end, we will be visiting 5 cities (paris,munich,interlaken,nurburging and amsterdam) in 8 days and achieve our 5 objectives:

Touch Max speed on Autobahn
Drive on nurburgring --the Motorsport heaven.
Touring Paris and see one museum.
Experience a scenic drive along the alps.
Amsterdam .. enjoy ;)

Thanks,
Good plan to not drive in Paris! My favourite spot in Paris is Notre Dame, and each visit I will sit for an hour or more just contemplating. If you are very lucky there will be choir or organ practice, which can really add to the atmosphere. Of course, I really really like Notre Dame for the gargoyle collection, so make sure to spend some time circling the exterior. As far as museums go, well the Louvre is the most famous. But personally I don't think it is the best (although the collection of Delacroix and the sculpture garden are phenomenal). I prefer the Orsay, in particular the impressionist collection on the 5th floor. I can stand in front of Van Gogh's L'eglise d'Auvers-sur-Oise for hours. It is far and away my favourite painting ever. Bear in mind that there are specialty museums in Paris dedicated to individual artists. The Marmottan (Monet) and the Picasso museum come to mind.

I will be driving from Munich to near Interlaken next month. I'm actually staying in Beckenreid, where there are a number of comfortable lakeside hotels with fantastic views. My first-day routing will be by the most direct route possible. But after an overnight, my spousal unit and I will meet a friend and drive a few passes. I would suggest using a map such as viamichelin, and narrow in on the area you are interested in driving (e.g., on your route from Munich to Interlaken), and consider one or two passes. In your case, on route to Interlaken you could take highways almost to Andermatt, then run through the Furka and Grimsel to Interlaken. I would definitely skip the major passes, unless you enjoy driving slowly surrounded by trucks.

Don't miss the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I don't know if you want to do max speed on the Autobahn. Otherwise, have a great trip!
I meant just touch 140mph and come back to safe speed.:)

Just checked the nurburgring calendar and its open only in the evening from 5-7pm. I dont think it's feasible in my itinerary. so I'm dropped the nurburgring and added a drive through the black forest and stay overnight at some decent place in black forest.

So heres the Modded Itinerary a more relaxed one.

[] --> denotes sleepover
July 1st - pickup car(10.30 am) ->innsburg ->neuschawansten castle -> [Lake constance]
July 2nd - ferry ride(lake constance to swiss) ->pilato peak ->luzern ->[Interlaken/luzern]
July 3rd - more interlaken->jungfrao->[Baden Baden?? or nearby place in blackforest]
July 4th - carwash..dropoff..[Amsterdam]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts