BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I like cookies.
Joined
·
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All 4 corners pads and rotors...

I talked to the technician, the rotors are slightly warped and have heat soak damage. The push out bushings on the front are worn out. :thumb:

Also getting an oil change, replacement of the crankshaft ventalation hose, and a rear cheak checked out.
 

·
I like cookies.
Joined
·
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yay! Rear end creaking problem may be solved!

The rubber spacers above the shock mount are cracked. I hope that fixes it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
483 Posts
I doubt it. BMWNA pays the dealers to provide warrantee service. They don't make as much as if the customer pays, but them make enough out of it for it to be worth their effort.

Patrick 320d said:


I would say the service dept. probably feels the same way! :D

Patrick
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
10,856 Posts
JST said:


Good god. My M3 has 53,000 miles on it, and (as far as I know) is on it's first set of brakes.
I expect that I'll need another set before 20K. :D That'll be my third.
 

·
A sudden sense of liberty
Joined
·
3,939 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:


I expect that I'll need another set before 20K. :D That'll be my third.
You guys drive around with one foot on the brake? Or spend a lot of time towing boats?
 

·
I like cookies.
Joined
·
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JST said:


You guys drive around with one foot on the brake? Or spend a lot of time towing boats?
They said my rotors lots of heat damage :dunno:
 

·
Into the dark ages
Joined
·
1,523 Posts
does canadian warranty cover brakes?

are brakes covered under the 3 years maintenance plan here in Canada? i didn't think it was...

maybe someone can shed some light on it.

surprised that the dealer didn't make a stink over ur frequent brake changes. surely they must have figured out that ur car sees a track and it's not just regular wear and tear.
 

·
OMGWTFBBQ
Joined
·
11,262 Posts
JST said:
You guys drive around with one foot on the brake? Or spend a lot of time towing boats?
I think that it's that younger generation thing. They like to stop often to smell the brake fumes. Of course, they're still to young to realize that they should be smelling the roses instead :D
 

·
I like cookies.
Joined
·
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
clyde325xiT said:


I think that it's that younger generation thing. They like to stop often to smell the brake fumes. Of course, they're still to young to realize that they should be smelling the roses instead :D
I love the smell of hot brakes :D
 

·
OMGWTFBBQ
Joined
·
11,262 Posts
nate328Ci said:


I love the smell of hot brakes :D
When I was 17, I spent most of the summer with a girl up in the Adirondacks. We lived in a cabin outside of Lake Placid. It was at the bottom of a long hill. I used to sit out on the porch and watch the tourists come down the hill. A minute or so after the car passed by, the smeel of cooked brakes would waft up to us. The gas station a little further down (at the next intersection) did quite the brake business. :D

Man, what a summer...twisty roads (some of them dirt), a choice of 4.9 liters of rear wheel drive Ford power or a tight little 2002. Oh, and the sex too. What a summer :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,077 Posts
nate328Ci said:


My 5th set :D
BTW, my dad's E30 has 230k km's and is on its SECOND set of brake pads and rotors. I think they were changed around 180k. :yikes:

Oh, and the clutch is original and still strong too. :thumb:
 

·
I like cookies.
Joined
·
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mystikal said:


BTW, my dad's E30 has 230k km's and is on its SECOND set of brake pads and rotors. I think they were changed around 180k. :yikes:

Oh, and the clutch is original and still strong too. :thumb:
Your dad drives like grandma? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,077 Posts
nate328Ci said:


Your dad drives like grandma? :D
In everyday driving he's pretty calm, though not exactly one who does the limit all the time. Go on any kind of long trip or weekend drive though...:yikes:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
20,151 Posts
nate328Ci said:
They said my rotors lots of heat damage :dunno:
You don't happen to stand on the brakes or use the e-brake after a hard run on the track do you? That is one way to warp rotors. Normal "spirited" driving wouldn't!

At least it is covered. :D

Patrick
 

·
I like cookies.
Joined
·
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Patrick 320d said:


You don't happen to stand on the brakes or use the e-brake after a hard run on the track do you? That is one way to warp rotors. Normal "spirited" driving wouldn't!

At least it is covered. :D

Patrick
no, of course not :thumb:
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top