BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All 4 corners pads and rotors...

I talked to the technician, the rotors are slightly warped and have heat soak damage. The push out bushings on the front are worn out. :thumb:

Also getting an oil change, replacement of the crankshaft ventalation hose, and a rear cheak checked out.

·
10,856 Posts
JST said:

Good god. My M3 has 53,000 miles on it, and (as far as I know) is on it's first set of brakes.
I expect that I'll need another set before 20K. :D That'll be my third.

·
Into the dark ages
1,523 Posts
does canadian warranty cover brakes?

are brakes covered under the 3 years maintenance plan here in Canada? i didn't think it was...

maybe someone can shed some light on it.

surprised that the dealer didn't make a stink over ur frequent brake changes. surely they must have figured out that ur car sees a track and it's not just regular wear and tear.

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
JST said:
You guys drive around with one foot on the brake? Or spend a lot of time towing boats?
I think that it's that younger generation thing. They like to stop often to smell the brake fumes. Of course, they're still to young to realize that they should be smelling the roses instead :D

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
clyde325xiT said:

I think that it's that younger generation thing. They like to stop often to smell the brake fumes. Of course, they're still to young to realize that they should be smelling the roses instead :D
I love the smell of hot brakes :D

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
nate328Ci said:

I love the smell of hot brakes :D
When I was 17, I spent most of the summer with a girl up in the Adirondacks. We lived in a cabin outside of Lake Placid. It was at the bottom of a long hill. I used to sit out on the porch and watch the tourists come down the hill. A minute or so after the car passed by, the smeel of cooked brakes would waft up to us. The gas station a little further down (at the next intersection) did quite the brake business. :D

Man, what a summer...twisty roads (some of them dirt), a choice of 4.9 liters of rear wheel drive Ford power or a tight little 2002. Oh, and the sex too. What a summer :thumb:

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Patrick 320d said:

You don't happen to stand on the brakes or use the e-brake after a hard run on the track do you? That is one way to warp rotors. Normal "spirited" driving wouldn't!

At least it is covered. :D

Patrick
no, of course not :thumb:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.