BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally picked it up. 330Ci, Steel Grey PP, SP, with cd changer and transceiver (?). I have been driving a honda CRV for a long time, so adjust my opinions as necessary. - Wow. What a great car. Quiet. Zippy. Great stereo. I haven't heard any rattles or anything (yet). Steering and throttle seem very twitchy. Will take some time getting used to. Dealer did an excellent job on the cd changer. It is molded into the side part of the trunk. I took it onto the freeway last night and "tried" to have some fun on th e entrance ramp. A light on the dash kept blinking at me. Hmm. :confused:

I Love This Car! I will have to take a long lunch. Tahoe?:D :D :D

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Congrats............long lunch, Tahoe great idea:thumbup:

·
Spelling Impaired
5,658 Posts
munk330ci said:
I took it onto the freeway last night and "tried" to have some fun on th e entrance ramp. A light on the dash kept blinking at me. Hmm. :confused:

I Love This Car! I will have to take a long lunch. Tahoe?:D :D :D
Congrats...that feeling of taking you BMW off the lot is second to none.

That blinking light on the dash is indicating that the DSC is kicking in and keeping you rear wheels from spinning and/or the back end of the car from swinging out and/or the car drifting out of the curve. DSC is your saftey net when testosternone causes you to forget about physics:thumbup:

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
Congrats Munk, in regards to the break in period ..."persuade you not the power of the dark side" said Yoda... 4500 rpm max, alternate your speeds, don't use cruise control during extended driving.

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
congrats man :thumbup: sounds like you already got the DSC going.:D

Remeber the 1200 mile break in period now. These girls treat you real good when ya baby them fir a while... just long enough to get them commited, then you can ride em hard and put em away wet :lmao: :lmao:

Break in: Under 100mph, Under 4500 rpms, for 1250 miles

·
Registered
679 Posts
Good to hear it "finally" came in ;) You were part of the 6/14 bunch right? I got 410 miles on mine, loved every minute of it. In fact ready to take it out for a tuesday drive :D I think i figured out how the DSC/ASC+T works.. after fooling with it last night, i noticed that DSC OFF is the yellow light and then ASC+T off is the red brake light (correct me if I'm wrong).

DSC is wonderful though it saved me once already.
Congrats on the new car! Send some pics :thumbup:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Congrats

mkg said:
Where did you pick yours up? I'm going to Concord tomorrow to look at one; Niello and Roseville said nothing for several weeks.
I went to Niello. They treated me very well. I think they only have one other 330ci on the lot. They do have lots of cars though, depends on what you are looking for. They have at least three M3's in front and one M5 inside. :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts