BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered User
Joined
·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm running an errand today... Just driving along minding my own business... I come to a stop light with a fair amount of traffic and wait for it to change. The light turns green and I go along with my lane. The idiot to the right of me doesn't notice the light has changed for quite a while. Probably about ten seconds. Long enough for the people behind him to start honking. So he wakes up and floors it.

Now, at this point we're coming to a bottleneck where two lanes merge into one. I generally take a dim view of letting people in when they have shown that they have no grasp of what's going on around them. He tries to cut me off, but as he's in the yield lane, I don't let him in.

Get this... He follows me three miles to the CVS I was running to to pick up some tape and comes in to lecture me. I blow him off and tell him he's being utterly childish while I purchase my tape and he follows me into the parking lot. When I get into my car, he BLOCKS my door open and proceeds to attempt to tell me what a piece of shit my car is and how much better this unmentioned car he has in his driveway is. (I'd asked him if he was having jealousy issues when he wouldn't shut up inside the CVS... He was driving a Mitsubishi Trooper, an OLD one, probably ten years old or so.) So I asked him nicely, then progressively less nicely to get the **** off of my door. He wouldn't budge, even after I attempted to pull it shut and force him out of the way. Finally, I had to just start the car and put it in reverse AND START DRIVING TO GET HIM OFF OF MY CAR!!!

What is it with people? So ****ing immature. I wonder how he manages to survive if he takes it personally every time someone won't let him in. (Especially when he's attempting the let me come as close to ramming the car as possible and see if that'll get him to budge approach to merging.)

Yeesh.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,790 Posts
That guy was a world class A**HOLE - You should have smacked him...hard.

Couple of days ago, I was at the gas station, and at the next island is a Mitsubishi eclipse. A high school punk is in it with his little chickie. It's just after 5:30, so people are pulling in left and right to buy gas before they head home. I'm watching this kid, and I begin to notice that they're having a little picnic in the car. Just sitting there...eating, drinking, probably talking about Brinteny Spears. Meanwhile, other cars have to pull around this little shit to get to the pumps. This goes on for quite a while. Finally, they finish their little snack, and begin to pull away. As he does so, he happens to glance over at my car. I look stright at him, and mouth "A**HOLE" very clearly. The little rat slams on the brakes, and then reverses right back into the same spot, and they both stare hard at me - and I stare hard right back. But I have to tell you, that I got so pissed off at this shit, that if he decided to push it, I would have buried him.
 

·
Here since day one
Joined
·
7,187 Posts
Guys . . . there are consequences to not letting people in the lane or staring people down . . . most of the time it's nothing but sometimes it's a guy who tailgates you, other times it's an idiot who follows you, sometimes they key the car, etc. etc.

Just hope the A--hole isn't carrying a gun and decides to use it.

What do you need to prove yourself to this inconsiderate guy/kid for ? ?

I see no reason in the world to go out of my way to start trouble with people. When you guys come across idiots like this, just say to yourself that this idiot will get their's one day when they mess with the wrong guy . . . do you want to be THAT guy ?

Who the H*ll wants to be THAT guy, he's the one that ends up getting arrested and that little 5 minute incident now becomes a 5 month to 3 yr incident between getting charges pressed against you, getting sued for assault, possible Jail time, etc.

So next time you see that dummy who starts trouble, think to yourself that he has the problem not you and let it be HIS problem.

We all hear about crazy things on the news . . . let it be other people that go through that crap . . . we have our own families and friends to watch out for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,790 Posts
Alan F said:
Guys . . . there are consequences to not letting people in the lane or staring people down . . . most of the time it's nothing but sometimes it's a guy who tailgates you, other times it's an idiot who follows you, sometimes they key the car, etc. etc.

Just hope the A--hole isn't carrying a gun and decides to use it.

What do you need to prove yourself to this inconsiderate guy/kid for ? ?

I see no reason in the world to go out of my way to start trouble with people. When you guys come across idiots like this, just say to yourself that this idiot will get their's one day when they mess with the wrong guy . . . do you want to be THAT guy ?

Who the H*ll wants to be THAT guy, he's the one that ends up getting arrested and that little 5 minute incident now becomes a 5 month to 3 yr incident between getting charges pressed against you, getting sued for assault, possible Jail time, etc.

So next time you see that dummy who starts trouble, think to yourself that he has the problem not you and let it be HIS problem.

We all hear about crazy things on the news . . . let it be other people that go through that crap . . . we have our own families and friends to watch out for.
So you're one of those people who just assumes that "some one else" will take care of people like this? If everyone did that, then people like that kid WILL get the S**T kicked out of them. Maybe they can GET THE MESSAGE before hand, and wise up a little. Make them THINK about their behavior a little. I dunno - I'd rather be an EDUCATOR rather than a BYSTANDER.

But I agree - aggression, threats or violence is never an answer. Some days I just plain loose patience with such thoughtless, self-centered and inconsiderate behavior that has become so prevelent in kids these days
 

·
aka Chi-chi
Joined
·
197 Posts
Sometimes it's the goodguy packing heat...

Traffic dispute turns deadly at intersection

April 18, 2002, 11:45AM
By LISA TEACHEY
Copyright 2002 Houston Chronicle

A driver shot to death during an apparent road rage incident at a busy intersection was identified today as Marcus Shane Peacock of Sugar Land.

Several motorists and pedestrians, who witnessed the incident Wednesday night, told police that Peacock was driving a Mercedes-Benz and cut off another vehicle about 6:45 p.m. on Richmond at Shepherd.

According to a police report released today, homicide investigators believe Peacock, 38, of the 2600 block of Fairway, intentionally positioned his car to block the path of a Honda sport utility vehicle.

When the vehicles came to a stop, police said, Peacock got out of his car, walked back to the SUV and pounded so hard on the driver's side window that it shattered.

The 32-year-old driver of the SUV, who has a permit to carry a concealed handgun, fired his gun four or five times at Peacock, striking him in the chest.

Peacock was taken to Ben Taub Hospital where he later died.

The case has been referred to a Harris County grand jury without charges. The panel will have to determine if the shooting was a valid case of self-defense.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,790 Posts
Re: Sometimes it's the goodguy packing heat...

Cruzer said:
Traffic dispute turns deadly at intersection

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.h...politan/1371954

April 18, 2002, 11:45AM

Traffic dispute turns deadly at intersection
By LISA TEACHEY
Copyright 2002 Houston Chronicle
A driver shot to death during an apparent road rage incident at a busy intersection was identified today as Marcus Shane Peacock of Sugar Land.

Several motorists and pedestrians, who witnessed the incident Wednesday night, told police that Peacock was driving a Mercedes-Benz and cut off another vehicle about 6:45 p.m. on Richmond at Shepherd.

According to a police report released today, homicide investigators believe Peacock, 38, of the 2600 block of Fairway, intentionally positioned his car to block the path of a Honda sport utility vehicle.

When the vehicles came to a stop, police said, Peacock got out of his car, walked back to the SUV and pounded so hard on the driver's side window that it shattered.

The 32-year-old driver of the SUV, who has a permit to carry a concealed handgun, fired his gun four or five times at Peacock, striking him in the chest.

Peacock was taken to Ben Taub Hospital where he later died.

The case has been referred to a Harris County grand jury without charges. The panel will have to determine if the shooting was a valid case of self-defense.
A guy did that to my girlfriends car, but she didn't KILL him.
 

·
Here since day one
Joined
·
7,187 Posts
geomax said:


So you're one of those people who just assumes that "some one else" will take care of people like this? If everyone did that, then people like that kid WILL get the S**T kicked out of them. Maybe they can GET THE MESSAGE before hand, and wise up a little. Make them THINK about their behavior a little. I dunno - I'd rather be an EDUCATOR rather than a BYSTANDER.

But I agree - aggression, threats or violence is never an answer. Some days I just plain loose patience with such thoughtless, self-centered and inconsiderate behavior that has become so prevelent in kids these days
Come on Geo, do you really think you taught that kid a lesson . . .

I've known you long enough to know your a sensible guy so don't let this get to you. All I am saying is that you ARE the bigger man so you can walk away without feeling like you've been disrespected.

I mean, isn't that what this stuff is all about anyway . . . respect ??

When you get a little older and you have a wife and children, your outlook on life changes dramatically . . . what looked like a person who just disrespected you was really some insecure idiot that you never needed to prove yourself to in the first place.

I've got TOO much to lose and come to think of it so do you.

Peace
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
783 Posts
Let's just say no matter how tough you think you are, there are tougher and crazier people out there that have no sense of right and wrong. And when you deal with these type of people, you will always lose.

The scariest part is you never know who you're dealing with. That is why confrontation is just a gamble with your life to how many years in prison you will be sentenced.

Take care of yourselves out there, keep the faith that there are more nice people out there than bad.
 

·
aka Chi-chi
Joined
·
197 Posts
geomax said:


A guy did that to my girlfriends car, but she didn't KILL him.
I wouldn't expect anything less in the People's Republic of Taxachussetts. I'm glad he stopped at breaking her window and didn't decide to kill her or do any other harm to her. Of course, by the time she dialed 911 and the police got there, they would've prevented any further violence, right?

BTW, the good guy was no-billed by the grand jury and sleeps like a baby at night. The attacker won't be threatening anyone else this lifetime.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
The instigator was pounding on the drivers side window until it shattered...wouldn't you have tried to drive away instead of taking the life of human being. He might have had a permit, but they teach you to use it as the last resort.
 

·
aka Chi-chi
Joined
·
197 Posts
Rufus330Ci said:
The instigator was pounding on the drivers side window until it shattered...wouldn't you have tried to drive away instead of taking the life of human being. He might have had a permit, but they teach you to use it as the last resort.
I think you missed the part in the article that says that the attacker parked his car in front of the shooter's SUV and blocked him. Of course, traffic behind him also blocked him from backing up. I saw the news footage, there was no way out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,790 Posts
Alan F said:


Come on Geo, do you really think you taught that kid a lesson . . .

I've known you long enough to know your a sensible guy so don't let this get to you. All I am saying is that you ARE the bigger man so you can walk away without feeling like you've been disrespected.

I mean, isn't that what this stuff is all about anyway . . . respect ??

When you get a little older and you have a wife and children, your outlook on life changes dramatically . . . what looked like a person who just disrespected you was really some insecure idiot that you never needed to prove yourself to in the first place.

I've got TOO much to lose and come to think of it so do you.

Peace
I know, but it's not that I got disrespected that bothered me. I got more upset seeing how he inconvienced so many other people. True, I had to go all the way round the other side of the station, then reverse to the pump, so I was ticked by that. However, the space ahead of his car was empty - he was essentially hogging up one whole side. Other people were forced to either wait, or also go around. He could have at least pulled up, or if had finished pumping his gas, then he could have parked off to the side somewhere. It was just so damned selfish!

But in the scheme of things, you are of course right. It's more the responsibilty of the parents to instill better character. And true, there's tons of wackos out there...and no one leaves a confrontation situation and tells himself "gee, guess I was wrong - I learned something valuable today". Just makes it worse.

But sometimes I think there is a fine line - that something should at least be said. So many times I've seen people in service positions (waiters, clerks, etc, etc..) that are so rude - yet most people just stand there and take it, and say nothing. I think this just encourages more of the same.

Haven't any of you given a lecture to someone who was blatently rude to either you, and friend or family member??

So, alright, I was talking out my ass earlier. In the scheme of things, the stare off was just small change. Just get torqued sometimes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
Cruzer said:


I think you missed the part in the article that says that the attacker parked his car in front of the shooter's SUV and blocked him. Of course, traffic behind him also blocked him from backing up. I saw the news footage, there was no way out.
Oh my bad... Yeah i would have used the weapon then :)
 

·
Here since day one
Joined
·
7,187 Posts
geomax said:


Haven't any of you given a lecture to someone who was blatently rude to either you, and friend or family member??
Definitely have !!

I'm from the Long Island where everyone thinks the world owes them something . . . you could open the door for them and they will walk right through without saying thank you and everytime that happens I always say loudly 'your welcome' . . .

They treat clerks like crap . . . it's so rude and pathetic.

I've gone out to dinner where the person at my table will jump on the waiter's case like he's their slave, as soon as the waiter leaves, I'll jump on their case and of course not go out to dinner with them again :)

So beleive me, I understand where your coming from . . . sheesh I use to be that wise guy kid who did whatever I WANTED . . . thank goodness I've changed . . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
geomax said:


I know, but it's not that I got disrespected that bothered me. I got more upset seeing how he inconvienced so many other people. True, I had to go all the way round the other side of the station, then reverse to the pump, so I was ticked by that. However, the space ahead of his car was empty - he was essentially hogging up one whole side. Other people were forced to either wait, or also go around. He could have at least pulled up, or if had finished pumping his gas, then he could have parked off to the side somewhere. It was just so damned selfish!

But in the scheme of things, you are of course right. It's more the responsibilty of the parents to instill better character. And true, there's tons of wackos out there...and no one leaves a confrontation situation and tells himself "gee, guess I was wrong - I learned something valuable today". Just makes it worse.

But sometimes I think there is a fine line - that something should at least be said. So many times I've seen people in service positions (waiters, clerks, etc, etc..) that are so rude - yet most people just stand there and take it, and say nothing. I think this just encourages more of the same.

Haven't any of you given a lecture to someone who was blatently rude to either you, and friend or family member??

So, alright, I was talking out my ass earlier. In the scheme of things, the stare off was just small change. Just get torqued sometimes.
Someone say Prozac :O) J/K I'd threaten people but I don't have the size to back it up ;) I just best walk away. Not to bring God into this but he says "Turn the other cheek" or was that Homer Simpson?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,077 Posts
I got jumped this past winter walking with my friends down the street because the driver of this car thought the snowball I threw at my friend was aimed at his precious '89 Civic. Apparently he was just leaving from a "meeting" with his friends at the same corner, because about 20 of them surrounded me as soon as the driver came at me.

People need some serious therapy. It's still very hard to say that I wouldn't lunge at somebody if they ticked me off on the road and were up in my face about it, which is sad. I guess it's those animal instincts that we still have. :(

Once bitten, forever stung. I think I will honestly beat the crap out of the next person that comes at me for any reason. It's hard to promote peace when war comes at you in everyday life.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
674 Posts
You know it is very interesting. Now that I have upgraded myself from a Honda to a BMW, I actually find myself driving less aggressive than before. IMPORTANT: Not that I want to!!!!!

Its only because I have a rare color bimmer, the price I pay for getting a red bimmer is, I cannot hide!!!

About 4 months before I got my new car, I was driving my Honda and this guy who wanted to cut into my lane got balistic because I didnt let him in. He wouldnt give up and ended up hitting my car. If you ask me if I will do the same thing again, I will tell you it depends. Depends which car I am driving..... :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
I hope to god I never get jumped.... I was furious when someone broke into my "old" car. I wanted to rip the balls right off the faceless theif. I don't know how people don't understand personal property/personal space. Where do they learn theses values? Obviously the punishment isn't strong enough that they didn't learn from the smaller crime they committed in the first place (small crimes lead to bigger ones). Not changing the subject, but someone needs to put some people in line. But whos job is it? The law inforcement? Thats a joke we had to have news reporters find missing children... Better not go there :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,790 Posts
Cruzer said:


I wouldn't expect anything less in the People's Republic of Taxachussetts. I'm glad he stopped at breaking her window and didn't decide to kill her or do any other harm to her. Of course, by the time she dialed 911 and the police got there, they would've prevented any further violence, right?

BTW, the good guy was no-billed by the grand jury and sleeps like a baby at night. The attacker won't be threatening anyone else this lifetime.
Well the story you posted says "The case has been referred to a Harris County grand jury without charges. The panel will have to determine if the shooting was a valid case of self-defense."

Have you seen more about this? I would be surprised if he gets acquited. I mean, it's bad that the guy in the Benz went psycho, and broke the glass, but that doesn't mean the guy did so with the intent to commit homicide, thus justifying equal use of force.

How many times, and this is sad, that I have read about criminal cases going to the jury regarding the Home Owner who shot and killed a burgler in their home. Seems like cut and dry self defense, but the home owner gets convicted of manslaughter. There was even a case a while back where the burgler sued a home owner for bodily damages - and won!!
 

·
aka Chi-chi
Joined
·
197 Posts
geomax said:


Well the story you posted says "The case has been referred to a Harris County grand jury without charges. The panel will have to determine if the shooting was a valid case of self-defense."

Have you seen more about this? I would be surprised if he gets acquited. I mean, it's bad that the guy in the Benz went psycho, and broke the glass, but that doesn't mean the guy did so with the intent to commit homicide, thus justifying equal use of force.
Yes, the quotation is from an older article. Just recently the victim/shooter was "no-billed" by the grand jury (meaning that he is free from criminal liability). This is a very simple case of self-defense. There are only two requirements for shooting in self-defense in Texas: 1) a reasonable person in your position would not have retreated, and 2) you believe that use of deadly force is necessary to protect yourself against someone else's use of deadly force.

There is not such thing as trying to figure out the other person's intent or using deadly force as a "last resort." These are not legal or even accepted "use of deadly-force" criteria.

When someone rams their fist into your window, what is their intent? Who knows? Who cares? Under the totality of evidence if the attacker has blocked my escape and punched in my window, I can reasonably assume that he is going to rip my head off next. If I can reasonably fear for my life, I can reasonably blow the m-f-ers head off. Game over dude.

My suggestion: if you are in my "hood", do not get out of your car in anger and approach my car at all, for any reason. You're likely to be taking a dirt nap soon thereafter. And yes, that would be regrettable and sad. I do not take pleasure in anyone dying (although I do feel a sense of justice).
 
1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Top