BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least I was there, and we exchanged insurance information.
I've filed a report, now I suppose I'll see. :p :dunno:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
At least I was there, and we exchanged insurance information.
I've filed a report, now I suppose I'll see. :p :dunno:
that sucks nick. i had my bumper tagged pretty bad when i was in austin, which is RIDICULOUS cuz the parrallel parking spots are so big ppl in DC could prob park two cars in them. )= and i didnt have it repaired. no time. big gash in my bumper... hope your car isnt messed up too bad and easily repairable

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, this time it wasn't parallel parking... I was in the parking lot at Home Depot, and this guy in a mini-van backs up out of his space without looking, hitting the bumper. *roll*

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
Well, this time it wasn't parallel parking... I was in the parking lot at Home Depot, and this guy in a mini-van backs up out of his space without looking, hitting the bumper. *roll*
that sounds like something my mom would do...er...um...has done...um...more than once...will probably do again :(

Did TD pass the rear bumper magnet to you before he left? :dunno:

;)

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

that sounds like something my mom would do...er...um...has done...um...more than once...will probably do again :(

Did TD pass the rear bumper magnet to you before he left? :dunno:

;)
Maybe he did. :p Except that the first one happened before I got to drive his car. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Well, at least you get to exchange information. I had my car T-boned once when it was sitting way out in the middle of the parking lot at work all by itself :cry: . The AH that hit me didnt even leave a note, just left me with $1500 in damages (and a $500 deductible). :thumbdwn:

Oh well, at least it wasn't a Bimmer.

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SteveM said:
Well, at least you get to exchange information. I had my car T-boned once when it was sitting way out in the middle of the parking lot at work all by itself :cry: . The AH that hit me didnt even leave a note, just left me with $1500 in damages (and a $500 deductible). :thumbdwn:

Oh well, at least it wasn't a Bimmer.
Ouch! Fortunately, all I'll need is a new or repainted bumper cover, anyhow. Hit and run T-Boning is NOT cool.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
nate328Ci said:
It must have been a tall vehicle to line up with your bumpers :angel:
:lmao:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Definitely not cool. It was bad enough that I had to get it fixed even though the car is being replaced soon (330i here I come!). The insane part is I found out that our "security cameras" in the parking lot are just dummy camera shells! :dunno:

Good luck getting yours repaired, I'm sure it will be good as new.

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: That Sucks!

Ack said:
Nick -

That really sucks man. At least you saw the guy and got his insurance information. What happened with the other hit? I thought you got their license plate number or something. Then again, with all of the posts lately, I've lost track of who this was.
I did get his plate... But frankly, for two screw indentations, it just wasn't worth pursuing for me. Especially since the car's been keyed, anyhow. :p And I can't get motivated to spend $800 to re-paint the passenger side doors so someone can do it again.

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Re: Re: That Sucks!

Nick325xiT 5spd said:
I did get his plate... But frankly, for two screw indentations, it just wasn't worth pursuing for me. Especially since the car's been keyed, anyhow. :p And I can't get motivated to spend $800 to re-paint the passenger side doors so someone can do it again.
I don't blame you then. At least the bumper will be covered. I hate clueless people. :banghead:

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Re: Re: Re: That Sucks!

Ack said:

I don't blame you then. At least the bumper will be covered. I hate clueless people. :banghead:
Yeah... At least scratch-X and an orbital polisher have made the scratch fairly unobtrusive. :mad:

Edit: Truth is, this really doesn't bother me. I mean, it was kind of stupid for him to back up into me (clearly, he wasn't using his mirrors), but he wasn't a pain in the ass about it... And he didn't park his car on mine and leave it that way. :p That still pisses me off. :mad:

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: That Sucks!

Nick325xiT 5spd said:
Yeah... At least scratch-X and an orbital polisher have made the scratch fairly unobtrusive. :mad:

Edit: Truth is, this really doesn't bother me. I mean, it was kind of stupid for him to back up into me (clearly, he wasn't using his mirrors), but he wasn't a pain in the ass about it... And he didn't park his car on mine and leave it that way. :p That still pisses me off. :mad:
Be glad that the guy wasn't a pain in the ass about it. I got a story for you.

I sold my car to my best friend a few months ago. The car was in perfect shape, outside/inside & mechanically. Two weeks ago, while she was driving on a main street, another woman pulls out of a driveway and hits my friends car in the front quarterpanel and door. The impact was great enough to put a gash in her tire, bend the door and frame of the car and cause over $3,000 in damage. After this woman hit her, the woman pulled her car back a bit, got out of her car and started screaming at my friend. She was going off on her saying that it was her fault and if she was looking and not speeding (btw, no tickets by the police for speeding - she wasn't), then this accident wouldn't have happened. When the police arrived, they didn't take a statement from my friend and the woman was trying to tell the police "see how my car was knocked back into the driveway". Come on, she moved her car back!! :banghead:

To make an already long story short, my friend is still stressed that her insurance is going to go up and that they will blame her for the accident. I told her that as long as she was travelling on a main road and someone pulled out of a driveway, she has the right of way. An insurance company would never (I hope) put fault on someone with the right of way.

Her car is still in the shop and should hopefully be finished today. Thankfully she has collision on the car and a minor deductible; which I believe she can claim against the other insurance company if that other woman is at fault.

This woman is lucky I wasn't there, I would have put her in her place.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Someone hit my son in the passenger rear tire, caused him to spin out and the load on the opposite tire caused it to deflate. The truck proceeded to roll 3 times. When it landed (luckily on its wheels!!) it was probably 60ft from the point of impact. It was a total loss, as there was not a body panel that was not destroyed and it appeared as if the frame was bent. He was 7/8 through the intersection when the other guy entered the intersection and proceeded to hit him. Of course, since the city was stupid/cheap and felt it was perfectly fine to have a 4 way crossroad with no traffic control, the insurance companies/police took forever to determine who's fault it was. When it was all said and done, I finally got a check a month later for the vehicle, but I am still waiting for the deductible to be reimbursed by the other guys insurance company. I really despise insurance companies...

Best of luck to you with your repairs.

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, the other party has been officially found at fault, so I can go ahead and make an appointment to get all that taken care of. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts