BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

yellow light-engine oil level

1232 13
The yellow light for the engine oil level keeps coming on after I turn off the engine and stop the car. the strange thing is that it only comes on once in a while, for like 10 sec then it goes off, I mean maybe twice a week. also, I have a 325i, with only 3000k on it. I scheduled an appointment with the Service Department at my dealer, but I'm wondering if anybody else experienced this. I checked brielfly the oil level and it seemed normal.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Low oil warning, top it off and keep driving.
thank you guys
Alex, that's pretty funny. But you do see where this site is headed eventually.......
:flush:
shizat63 said:
Alex, that's pretty funny. But you do see where this site is headed eventually.......
and quickly :eek:
operknockity said:
I thought it wasn't that bad... he did the searching and provided links to them... it's not like he said "Use the search function you idiot" or something like that...

Sounds to me he was just trying to help... :dunno:
shizat63 said:
Nah, I meant that this site will eventually turn into "search and you'll find the answer" DB. No matter what anyone asks about the E46, chances are somebody has already asked it.
doeboy said:
I thought it wasn't that bad... he did the searching and provided links to them... it's not like he said "Use the search function you idiot" or something like that...

Sounds to me he was just trying to help... :dunno:
There is a TSB on that faulty issue.
I see... well I guess this is bound to happen the longer a particular chassis style has been around... when the E90 gets near its end of life, I'm sure we'll probably see the same thing.
shizat63 said:
Nah, I meant that this site will eventually turn into "search and you'll find the answer" DB. No matter what anyone asks about the E46, chances are somebody has already asked it.
Doesn't anyone read the owners manual anymore? Seriously, I did a search once to see why I had a yellow color on my oil filler cap...All the posts for the yellow oil light came up instead. I swear, there must have been 30 posts for 30 different people wondering why the yellow light came on.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.