BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im buying a six speed tranny off import racer, I was originally going to buy the whole car but shipping is a bitch... anyways according to http://www.bmwe34.net/E34main/Upgrade/5speedswap.htm
all I need is what he listed on that page, but I've heard on this forum and others that I'd need to get a new DME? it shouldnt be an issue getting one because he'll provide everything i need with the tranny, anyways im going to make a list on everything i need and if anyone could add to it with explanations why that'd be great.

Transmission
Clutch
Flywheel
Driveshaft
transmission brackets
pressure plate
wiring for reverse
clutch hydraulics / slave cylinders
pedals
differential?? (his is open diff with 2.97 or smthn i think and i dont wanna swap my 3.15 lsd for it, do i have to??)
dash instrument cluster with around 160000 miles on it. (Will it stop counting miles if I swap mine with his?)
a bunch of seals for the transmission and diff
new fluid
new mounts
flywheel bolts
pressure plate bolts
rear seal for crankshaft (should I for preventative maintenance??)
clutch bearing
drive shaft centre bearing
a bitch clip?? can anyone be specific. (im sorta pissed off that he didnt write the proper term for that)

is that it? anyone that has done a swap, i beg you to give me insight, im going to do this mainly with my uncle or grandfather, not sure who's down to do it haha.:D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.