...i've had my new 330i for a little over a month now. no mods yet, other than installing the alarm and taking off the airbag warning stickers.
here's the report so far:
- it's a beatiful car on the outside; I think it's probably the best looking sedan in production today, though the Passat is close. I'm also really happy with my color combination; steel blue, black, and titanium trim.
- xenons xenons xenons! I love how they start blue, and then as they get going, shift to a warmer hue... I also love how much light they put out; they saved me when I was doing 80 and saw some deer crossing the road just in time.
- It's surprisingly quiet in the cabin, even at high speeds over bare concrete roads.
- The handling is phenomenal; precise steering, total accuracy in hard turns, and great brakes (see the deer incident above)
- the raw power of the 330i engine; if you time it right, it throws you back in your seat. coming from a 1.8L honda accord, it's a revelation.
- i really like the look of the instrument gauges, with the titanium trim, clean layout, and orange night lighting. it's just the right amount of information. i even like the MPG gauge.
- all the nice little convenience features; the one touch power windows and sunroof, how the side mirror tilts down in reverse, the on-board computer, the powered and heated 8-way seats, etc., etc.
- my right shin is too tight against to the transmission hump. it's not intolerable, but i'm always aware of the car pressing against me. i wish i had a little more space to sprawl out.
- i wish the seats went a little lower... i'd like to see more of the sky when i drive.
- the build quality, at least in the interior, wasn't so great. the center trim was mis-installed at the factory, and the radio was missing the screws to keep it in place over bumps. on the driver's side dash trim, there were more screws missing, as well as the clips that they screwed into. there's still a rattle that seems to be coming from the steering column; i'm going to try to figure that out next week.
- no indication of time remaining on the CD player. i'd never noticed how much i look at that when records are playing until it wasn't there. i miss it.
- sometimes i feel a little ostentatious riding around in this car. there's a part of me that would like to be more under-the-radar, and worry less about people making judgments or assumptions about me because of what i drive. i suppose people do that no matter what you drive, but i'd like to stick out less. my girlfriend thinks this is all in my head, though.
- when the windows are open, the passenger side seat belt bangs around. easy to fix; just wrap it around the passenger side head-rest; but it would be nice if the problem didn't come up in the first place.
so that's the breakdown. all in all, I'm pretty happy with it.
has anybody else run into any of the things above? how did you deal with it/learn to live with it?
thanks in advance.