BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my DSB 528i w/Cinnamon. The only thing I have that may not have been seen is the full color HUD. I have some pictures but am trying to catch the red and blue US interstate signs that really show it off. I think the left side of the HUD is the same, it's the right side (Nav side) that looks different.

I live in Georgia and purchased out of state to get a better deal but I made one error. We don't have front plates in GA and I failed to tell the Maryland dealer not to fasten a front license plate holder to the front bumper... I'm off to the detailing forum in search of help, luckily the two screw holes are very small. I hope the answer isn't a chrome vanity plate with a BMW logo in the center :mad:

I don't have much new to say. I'm very happy with the NA 6, hopefully this will lead to less speeding tickets! I absolutely love the active cruise, my commute home in stop and go traffic was almost fun but it is a bit unnerving to allow the car to brake to a halt.

The web radio with 6NR is fun to listen to, it defaulted to Bayern 3 (a Barvarian radio station). I seem to lose audio when I'm switching cell towers, it would be interesting to hear if others have noticed that as well.

I'm going to get a clear bra and some tint this week/weekend and will post some pics.

Tim

·
Happily Driving
7,374 Posts
I'm starting to feel left out of the 528 parade! :) Congrats on the new car. I think there are little plugs you can get to cover those bumper holes, it won't look perfect but it will be clean and be less noticeable.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Waiting for the HUD pics!

·
Everything's Bigger in TX
7,121 Posts
Enjoy! Cool combo!

·
Premium Member
2022 540i MSport
9,672 Posts
Congrats Tim! I had thought about DSB/Cinnamon but was too "scared", haha, stuck with Black Sapphire. I'd love to see some shots of the color combo (good shots looking inside with the DSB showing!). Enjoy!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Those interstate lanes look different and of lower quality than the ones shown off as full color HUD. Do you have any better pics with more blue?

·
Registered
403 Posts
tim:
Do you find you have to restart the BMW App on your phone whenever you send or receive a phone call or text? It is a cool app but having to open the console to restart the app frustrated me, so I keep the iphone in my pocket and put a new nano in the console hooked up to the usb for the tunz

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Interior pix would be most welcome. Hard to find a cinnamon car to look at.
Will do over the weekend.

ict330xi said:
Do you find you have to restart the BMW App on your phone whenever you send or receive a phone call or text? It is a cool app but having to open the console to restart the app frustrated me, so I keep the iphone in my pocket and put a new nano in the console hooked up to the usb for the tunz
Today 07:47 PM
Ah, here's something I did that was/is different. I gave my son my iphone last year because I have a Blackberry and 4G internet USB dongle from work and was sick of carrying two phones. I bought a wireless router (and 12v power adapter) that accepts the USB dongle and I am basically a rolling access point on the highway. If you every see an open access point in the Atlanta area called bluebmw it's me and safe to connect to :) For the iDevice, I have a 4th gen iPod touch that I pretend is an iPhone. Because it connects in the car via wireless, I can use facetime (without jailbreaking) and naturally, Skype works fine as well. I do take a hit when every I move from one cell tower to another but it is tolerable. Is this better than an iPhone? Probably not but it was fun making it all work.

I have noticed I can pair the iPod Touch and the Blackberry to the car simultaneously (as in paired and connected) but the car always thinks the iPod is the phone device and the Blackberry is the audio only device. I'll try to get that figured out.

All this reminds me, has anyone ever checked if the 12v socket in the passenger foot well is live? Mine seems dead.

I'm getting 27mpg on my commute and loving it.

My ezpass didn't work this morning and that will probably earn me a $25 ticket in the mail which will piss me off. In GA the temp plates are a joke, all they say is when they expire and there are no identifying marks on them. Meaning, go through the ezpass lane with no repercussions. Since I bought my car in MD, the darn thing has a serial number, state it was bought in, dealer it was bought at and even my damn VIN. Once I get real plates, I can associate my ezpass to the plate and if it doesn't get picked up they simply deduct the 50 cents automatically from my account. No associated plate is when they come after you for 25 large.

Alright.. that's probably TMI

Tim

·
Premium Member
2022 540i MSport
9,672 Posts

·
Happily Driving
7,374 Posts
Very cool!

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Jeez, this HUD is really difficult to photograph (while you're driving at least).

Anyway, this one is mysteriously cut off but it does show the blue road and blue and red US highway marker.
Nice shot!

BTW, there is a Dekalb County favorite hangout under the overpass about 2 miles further on 285 ..... don't ask me how I know! :dunno:

·
Registered
145 Posts
So the mystery is solved - the HUD is full color, but it really shows off when the navigation is turned on and there is an interstate exit.

·
Everything's Bigger in TX
7,121 Posts
I would buy the HUD just to have the NAV display there, even if nothing else.

·
Premium Member
2022 540i MSport
9,672 Posts
Very nice. Thanks for the link. In the pix it looks a lot like the saddle color in my E92.
The saddle colors are typically more brown/yellow than the Cinnamon which is a bit redder. To me, it is the exact color of cinnamon (hence the name :)). It's not real reddish like Chestnut brown on the 3's, but definitely redder hue than saddle.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.