BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My shipment from DDM is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I'm perfectly comfortable with the HID install, and wiring the AEs to the parking lights, but what I'd really like to do is have te AEs come on and off with the car. It's a 92 325i, so no daytime running lights. Is there an accessory under the hood that comes on and off with the key whos circuit would support being tapped for the AEs? I've searched around a bit, but haven't found what I'm looking for. Anyone help a brotha out?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Just jump the wire off of an ignition powered fuse in the fuse block. Use something that doesn't hinder the function of the vehicle if it were to blow, like the radio. Bentley says it's fuse #9 in your car.

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
I wrote a DIY on it. Search "HowTo angel eyes" (no space btwn how & to) and you should pull it up, explains it all step by step, and explains why I chose what I did, etc. Good luck man.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I wrote a DIY on it. Search "HowTo angel eyes" (no space btwn how & to) and you should pull it up, explains it all step by step, and explains why I chose what I did, etc. Good luck man.
Yeah, what he said :)

I did this myself weekend before last.

Here's the link .......

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218903&highlight=howto+angel+eyes

The worst part about it was dropping two 1/4" socket extensions and a #10 torx bit down the back of the fuse box.

Got them out eventually, the a.e's work a treat as drl's, handy in this rainy weather.

which reminds me I have to update my sig photo :bigpimp:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great writeup :thumbup:

Do you still reccomend doing it that way, or tapping the wiper motor as someone else mentioned? Seems like that would be easier than taking the stupid fuse box apart.

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Honestly, the fusebox was much easier than I thought. Use a little screw grabber or a magnet socket so you don't do what Marc did...:rofl:
The wire is conveniently located at the edge of the fusebox. I know, it's the scary fusebox, but it's not too bad. ;)

As for the wiper motor, I don't even know why that would work. I think that must have been a joke, but I haven't looked at the EWDs to know for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts