Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry! Been scanning the forums for awhile and seeing mostly questions like "how do I wake the dead as I drive through town?" coupled with members suggesting muffler/resonator deletes, etc. which I'm not really interested in doing, trying to keep it sane and mostly stock. Thinking of maybe doing a muffler swap.

Just bought an 04 325i w/ sports package, clean as a whistle and only 90k on the clock. Not looking for performance mods at all, just thought it would be nice to have a little more of a deeper rumble at idle and lower RPMs. Trying to keep back pressure the same so there's no drop-off. I've heard Borla mentioned here, along with Magnaflow and a few others. As mentioned, just want to do an axle-back.

If it's really not worth the $ and effort, just say so. I'm an older dude now, so sensibility is shamefully coming into play in these types of decisions. :(

Thanks all! :thumbup:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Just link the info you found here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
An "axle-back" exhaust is just a fancy way of saying "muffler swap". Just get a Magnaflow and call it a day.
This is the plan! Thanks. Been awhile since I've owned a smaller car that I've been interested in in terms of driveability.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts