BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Yeah, I read that in the Wheels section this morning. Jim Kenzie is one of the few writers that I agree with 99% of the time. Great guy. :thumbup:

·
Banned
5,341 Posts
CaliChris said:
Hmm.. guess I really should wait on that 330CI till I can see what the G35 Coupe will be like...
In this morning's MotorWeek TV show, they showed the G35 Coupe in action on the track.
It looks good. It makes me want to trade in, but I wouldn't get the 1st year model. It usually takes 2 years for the bugs to be worked out and introduced in production, so, 3rd year model is my target. Perfect, since my 330i would be 5 years old by then.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think the Coupe would probably be considered the 2nd year model because the Sedan has already been out and it has the same drivetrain, engine, electronics, and interior. The 1st year sedan had a few problems but according to Infiniti they are making changes on the coupe in response to the public's response to the sedan-- The interior materials on the coupe will be of higher quality, the center console will be real aluminum supposedly, and there have been a few changes in the A/C system and transmission due to problems in the 1st year sedan...

·
Turbo Addict
87 Posts
Problem is BMW will keep up...

The problem with that kind of planning (I do the same thing myself, of course!) is that by that point we'll be starting to get hints of what the next generation 3 series will be like and, of course, it will again raise the bar. :banghead:

Nice, at least, to have to decide among varying degrees of greatness. :thumbup:

·
Banned
5,341 Posts
JetBlack330i said:

In this morning's MotorWeek TV show, they showed the G35 Coupe in action on the track.
I'm so sorry. The featured car was a 350Z, not a G35.
All my comments refer to what I saw, the 350Z
Here's the video. Enjoy.
http://www.ragusa.cc/public/350Z.wmv

1 - 7 of 7 Posts