Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't found anyone else with this problem so decided to share in hopes of finding a solution.

2006 3.0si Z4 convertible. The front latches were not working. Did a bypass of the storage compartment switch and now the motor runs for the latches, but the passenger side did not actuate. Opened up the cover and found the RIGHT side drive shaft is sheared off at the end and the end is missing. I suspect this might have happened at the dealer where we bought the car recently.

The motor works fine, but I need a new RIGHT drive shaft. Does anyone know the part number or a good source for a replacement? I suppose I can go the dealer, but that is sooo boring! :rofl:

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
You can look up parts on realoem.com or bmwfans.info. Looks like the shaft is item 14. Plug the part number into Google and you'll get a couple dozen choices of suppliers. It will be an OEM part but many of the independent distributors have an agreement to buy parts from BMW, but they don't charge the dealer markup. Some dealers sell at a significant discount via a web store. getbmwparts.com is one, BMW of South Atlanta is another.

http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/E.../browse/sliding_roof_folding_top/folding_top/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts