BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a bit of confustion at the tire store today, somehow I let the dealer talk me into purchasing a set of Yokohama YK420 tires. As I drove home, the tires felt a bit soft and squishy and my 540i seemed to sway in the curves a bit more than I'm used to...

Much to my dismay, once I got home and researched the tire, I was very disappointed to find out that there aren't many positive reviews on the YK420. Apparently its a Discount Tire special. I had originally gone in to purchase the Yokohama Avid V4S tire, but was told by the salesman that the YK420 was a better tire.

I'll be on the phone first thing in the morning giving the dealership my what for, and will attempt to work out a deal.

What tires are you guys running that you would recommend for mostly highway and high speed driving but that handle well in the curves when I want to play? I'm considering the Pirelli P Zero Neros, but ouch they're expensive!

Leadfoot :cry:

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
all season or summer only?

PS2's or PS A/S's

i just got a set of A/S's for now since i read the PS2's in the rain is good but the A/S's are suppose to be insanely great in them. plus i might not get snow tires on before the first storm next winter so it's comforting to know that the A/S's will limp me around until i get snows on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts