Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this exerpt from: E46 Fanatics

"DOMM" writes: "if all you are going to do is flame me, just leave the thread and thats that. I ****ed up badly the other night. The oil light came on, i got oil, put it in and accidently dropped the oil cap down below the engine. heres where i ****ed up- i temporarily plugged the uncapped oil hole with a sock and the sock got sucked into it after about 5 mins of driving. its wrapped around the cam shaft-im pretty sure thats what it is... and i need some advice on how to get it out without shelling a ****load of money out to bmw to take it in there. should i unbolt the top piece there and cut it out and then flush the whole thing with some stuff at kragen or just try to cut it out piece by piece through the hole with a sharp razor and take the pieces out with needle nose pliers and then flush it?

please any advice or help on this crap move i made would really really really help me out.

thanks to anyone who replies"

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I actually laughed out loud picturing this.

·
only one screen name
8,456 Posts
my favorite replies so far:

Ok, you could try this: Remove the valve cover. Pull all the plug wires so the engine won't fire. Grab hold of the sock with a pair of pliers. Have a friend crank the engine (slowly) to rotate the cams while you pull on the sock. If you're lucky the sock will come out in one piece. Good luck.
I sure hope he doesn't try that!

and

Here are two things you should do.

First, take a cab to the DMV and give them back your license. second, sell the car, because you are too much of a ****ing retard to have either.
there was another about having his mom buy him another.... :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
199 Posts
My favorite line:

...A sock wrapped around the camshaft is some serious sh1t....
Just the thought of the poster typing that with a serious face made me crack up.

:rofl: :eek: :lmao:

·
Save the Males!
1,368 Posts
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: What a dumbass. You dont just put a tube sock in the oil filler cap. You find it or get a new one. You dont let you car run untill the oil light flashes. You also don't ask how to fix something like this on a forum. It will only cause you extreme embarrasment and shame.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hahaha :rofl: im getting the biggest kick out of you guys picking your favorite quotes from the original thread responces! ha :rofl:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol wait...do you guys picture this kid taking off his shoe and sock in the parking lot, and stuffing it in the top of his engine block?

·
Save the Males!
1,368 Posts
There are a lot of idoits over there who only want to ruin what their BMW is about. Bling rims and big systems. This is the problem that I have with e46 fanatics. Go over there and read the thread about how old were you when you got you first BMW. Most got an M3 or 330i before they could drive and didnt lift a finger for it either. There also aren't a whole lot of people who know what they are talking about, and this is a perfect example of what these geinuses know about the machinery they drive. I gurantee many of them know alot less than they think they know.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
I guess his sock is JFB now. ;)

·
Registered
643 Posts
This idiot too drives an M3 !!!

"...you coulda drove the car home SAFELY without the oil cap off...i did that once. i checked the oil level and forgot to put the cap on. drove it pretty hard for 15mins and what do i smell afterwards? hmm oil burning LMAO ****ing stupid me. cleaned the oil and such added oil afterwards and found the cap under the car. learn form your mistakes man. gl"

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha this is going to turn into a cyber battle. Bimmerfest vs. E46 Fanatics :rofl:

·
Save the Males!
1,368 Posts
OMFG :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :bustingup :bustingup :bustingup :bustingup
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts