Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Not Wearing Pants
13,832 Posts
Why do you say that? He very well could have been driving a BMW or MB...it's not like they're well built cars.

If you've ever driven Laurel Canyon you'd know that road is anything but gentle.

·
Driving around somewhere
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
blueguydotcom said:
Why do you say that? He very well could have been driving a BMW or MB...it's not like they're well built cars.

If you've ever driven Laurel Canyon you'd know that road is anything but gentle.

Oh, I definitely agree that ithe brakes could fail on any car really, I was just posing the question of "what were the circumstances in this instance?"

I wasn't aware of the conditions on that road so yea, that would play a big part in it as well.

·
Not Wearing Pants
13,832 Posts
former230 said:
Oh, I definitely agree that ithe brakes could fail on any car really, I was just posing the question of "what were the circumstances in this instance?"

I wasn't aware of the conditions on that road so yea, that would play a big part in it as well.

It's a fun road. I just whipped down it last night at around 1 in the morning. good stuff. but if my brakes had failed...well I might not be typing right now. :D

·
swinging a big stick
3,940 Posts
blueguydotcom said:
It's a fun road. I just whipped down it last night at around 1 in the morning. good stuff. but if my brakes had failed...well I might not be typing right now. :D
Laurel Canyon and Mulholland Drive are the two most fun and most dangerous roads in LA proper (not counting some of the canyon passes outside of the city). When I drove a Camry, I stayed the heck away from these streets, they are not fun with an imprecise FWD floaty car. I enjoy them with my Bimmers, but they could be quite dangerous if a car had any susp/brake/tire problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts