2,601 Posts
It almost looks boring... just parked like that... :eeps:

Notice the tires? Michelin PS2s for the win :D

·
Registered
766 Posts
startover said:
Eh what is it? :confused:
It's a f****** expensive carbon-fiber chassised Porsche.

I saw a GT40/Ford GT driving around Wilmington the other day. It's actually much nicer in the flesh than in press/magazine photos. Photos make it look sort of big and ungainly, whereas it's actually a little, compact thing and has a roofline about a foot off the ground. I felt like I was driving an SUV following it...

·
Registered
42 Posts
About 3 months ago my neighbor across the street had a Porsche 993TT delivered via Interstate auto transport. Sharing the trailer with his 993TT were four CGT's! The truck driver let us get in and take a look upclose and personal. :thumbup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
One of these beauties actually flew by me, under a bridge mind you, accelerating at what sounded like wot. I thought Michael Schumacher was passing.... the sound is outrageously F1 like....

·
Is it Trackday yet?
8,975 Posts
Pics are from a day at Buttonwillow, April 5th... I was too busy driving other cars that I didn't get a ride with the owner, but the thing sounds like an F16 jet when it's at WOT. If I can get hold of the short video my buddy took, I'll post a link to it here. Amazing!

Attachments

·
Is it Trackday yet?
8,975 Posts
Here's the video. It's about 13mb, so not a good thing for modem folks to try to get.

In the foreground you'll see a yellow Ferrari Enzo begin to approach the track entrance at Buttonwillow Raceway in CA. As the Enzo approaches the entrance you'll see a silver streak in the background. That's the Carrera GT on the front straight.

Turn up the volume to get the whole experience!

Click here for video of Carrera GT

·
Registered
766 Posts
Ah yes, the L-G. Where I got my most expensive ever parking ticket. On a BMW...motorcycle. :)

KrisL said:
I've seen two so far.. One parallel parked in Los Gatos, CA... and a second in the Porsche showroom down at Bimmerfest.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Ace said:
so this was a couple of weeks ago, i just hadn't got around to posting the pic....i never thought i'd actually see one of these on the road!!enjoy
I will never understand people who buy sports cars with black and silver paint jobs. :tsk:

It's like seeing a F430 in silver, or a GT3 in silver.

TO me, it makes the car almost nothing special. :thumbdwn:

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
I saw one yesterday at the Tyson's Porsche dealership (we were looking at Cayennes). I hadn't seen one before, but the sticker was for like $450k and there were signs all over it saying "please don't touch".

:mad:

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Stuka said:
I will never understand people who buy sports cars with black and silver paint jobs. :tsk:
:stupid:

I've only seen a Carrera GT once "in the metal". I was driving down a winding 2-lane road and it was coming at me. I could tell that it was an exotic, but didn't realize it was a Carrera GT until it passed and I got a look at the back. Beautiful! Except it was silver. :thumbdwn:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.