BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Your e9x custom build or picked from dealer lot.

• Custom Built + Long wait

Votes: 77 70.0%
  • picked New from Dealer Lot + compromised on some wants

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • picked New from Dealer Lot + got exactly what I wanted

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Bought used

Votes: 3 2.7%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Flying monkey herder
8,170 Posts
i got mine 6 weeks after i ordered, dont know if i would classify that as a long wait

·
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
24 Posts
Picked from lot:

Wanted:
335xi
Monaco Blue
Beige Dakota
Light Poplar trim
Premium
Sports
Cold Weather
iPod
Comfort Access
Park Distance Control

Got:
335xi
Black Sapphire
Beige Dakota
Light Poplar trim
Premium
Sports
Cold Weather
iPod

I am very happy with the decision...

dr

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did pick up from dealer twice.
first time i did not get all i wanted.
second time i picked a dealer ordered car which took 2 weeks to arrive,
it had everything i wanted + satellite radio

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
My parents picked up their '06 325i sport as a CPO last Sept.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Custom built ordered March 11. European Delivery scheduled for July 8. Driving it for two weeks in Germany and Italy and wait again for re-delivery in the states. After several drives of the car before ordering, it will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Got from dealer.
They had everything that I wanted but the park distance control...
still debating to add or not.. (more toward not...) but everything else, I am happy with.

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Ordered, but it wasn't that long of a wait. There was no way in hell that I wasn't going to get everything I wanted on this car when spending this kind of money. Not only that, but I've compromised before on my other cars and always ended up regretting it later down the road.

·
Bored
3,617 Posts
:rofl:Custom Built and Waited. Otherwise I'd be driving a 328 E93 that was forest green with no sport or premium. LOL:rofl:

·
Registered
668 Posts
While the wait time at times felt very long since the BMW was replacing an 8 year old car with endless problems, the wait wasn't that long. My father bought a car nearly 20 years ago that took 1 year before he actually took delivery so I guess 6 weeks is relatively short in comparison.

I ordered every option except automatic transmission and active cruise control. While it was very difficult finding a car that was similarly equipped to mine, I found one and the price was rather high and had too many miles in my book to be considered a new car even though it technically was. Where I tested this car was in New Jersey (I live in New York) and thought I could do better price wise in addition to buying a car closer to my home. I ordered my car since my salesman told me that my car would be impossible to find on a dealer lot. I ordered more options than the car I had test driven in New Jersey and the final price was actually cheaper. More options for less money. I also feel very pleased knowing that my car was made for me and that it only had 2 miles on the odometer. That's about as new as they get which makes the buying experience nearly perfect.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Bought out of inventory. Wanted Atlantic Blue with Gray leather, got Montego Blue with Cream leather, as the wife loved the combination. Only other compromise was no HD radio in the car, which I'd have ordered from the factory. Otherwise it had all the same features I'd have ordered, and none I would not have, making the choice easy.

·
Boosted Bavarian
1,272 Posts
Custom build. I didn't think 6 weeks was too long to wait to get exactly what I wanted.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good things arrive on ro/ro ships from Germany. Couldn't get everything I wanted on a dealer lot; throw in PCD in SC and it was no contest. Waiting 7 weeks was no issue.

·
Philosopher-king
2,195 Posts
Custom built and 6 weeks, exactly. I thought that was pretty short.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
6 weeks from order to delivery. That is not a long wait to get exactly what I wanted.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
The poll is constructed poorly. I hardly consider 7.5 weeks to the West Coast a "long wait" for getting EXACTLY what I wanted.

·
Sandlapper Chapter
2,912 Posts
Didn't want grey interior, but it was one of the two initial vehicles allotted to the dealer, so I went for it since the other had black leather and I didn't want that even more.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts