1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Just looke like a shrunken Z4 but without the ugly Zorro lines, which is an improvement.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apparently they are planning an entry-level roadster. Front engine (1.8 and 2.0 Liter), Active Steering.

Should cost around $20K. Production planned for 2005.

G

·
The rear, IMO, is the best view of the Z4. So this pic showing just the rear and Zorro-less sides doesn't look bad at all, IMO. But I fear for the front. And, for me, the front is the most relevent view.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
This came from the same poston .org.

It's artist rendition. Looks like someone just slapped the CS1 front headlights on a Z4 and smoothed out the crease line.

I'd be more inclined to believe the "Z2" will look almost identical to the CS1 sans the backrow seats, and BMW not making a 2 series convertible.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This concept has at least a 'nose' where Z4 has none.

·
Registered
10,695 Posts
Agree... it does look better than a Z4. I'd strongly consider this thing if it was 20k. Wish it was a little better looking, but atleast it doesn't cross my 'Bangle threshold'-- its still tolerable enough to buy assuming the price and performance is right. Unfortunately, I bet this is just a 'shopped Z4 and that the real Z2 will be far less tolerable.

I saw a gray z4 on my way to work this morning- I just caught it out of the corner of my eye, and watched it go by. In my morning stupor, I thought to myself "that's not a bad looking car". In natural light, on a slightly overcast day, while moving it is indeed not a bad looking car (it also helps to be a little tired). If you study the details however, it becomes almost unbearable. Unfortunately, if I owned the car and washed and waxed it, I'd become way too acquainted with the flame surfacing and duck tail. So, if I had a Z4, I would:
1. Wash it only at dusk or night
2. Keep it in a dark garage and never look back after I parked it
3. Never look at the car in broad daylight for more than 10 seconds.

·
•••••••
16,117 Posts
TD said:
Funny, even though it's obviously fake, I like that front end MUCH better than the Z4 front end.
:lmao:

That is funny!

I love the front end of the Z4, but am merely indifferent to the rear. Love the package.

BTW, I'll admit to a bit of exaggeration in my Z8/Z4 evaluations. It's been bugging me in the back of my mind since I posted that. I don't like the Z4 10x more than the Z8... and don't really think the Z8 is *ugly* -- just boring. I like the Z4 better, but not to the extent that I posted. I was just stirring the shit a bit. :eeps: :D

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
The HACK said:
This came from the same poston .org.

It's artist rendition. Looks like someone just slapped the CS1 front headlights on a Z4 and smoothed out the crease line.

I'd be more inclined to believe the "Z2" will look almost identical to the CS1 sans the backrow seats, and BMW not making a 2 series convertible.
The Z4 looks much better than that...

horrible gray headlight trim, and egg shape

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Ack, not the CS1 headlights! :eek:

The one thing I can't stand on all of the Bangle designs are the ugly headlights. The back of the Z4 is OK, the E65 is not. But the headlights on all of em are damn fugly.

·
paddle shifter
931 Posts
robg said:
In natural light, on a slightly overcast day, while moving it is indeed not a bad looking car (it also helps to be a little tired). If you study the details however, it becomes almost unbearable. Unfortunately, if I owned the car and washed and waxed it, I'd become way too acquainted with the flame surfacing and duck tail. So, if I had a Z4, I would:
1. Wash it only at dusk or night
2. Keep it in a dark garage and never look back after I parked it
3. Never look at the car in broad daylight for more than 10 seconds.
Hey, just wear undercorrected glasses or contacts and the car would look good all the time in any light. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts