BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let everyone know that my 99 Z3 2.3 roadster has 206,000 and some change. I just replaced fuel filter and changed the oil after 5,000 miles with Royal Purple. It is running great This is the best car I've ever owned. I've owned it since 2000.

·
You 'fly' for a living?
117 Posts
AWESOME! Go for the even million! Who knows, maybe BMW will give you a free car like Volvo did for this guy.

Keep her rolling!

Cheers,
Gibber

·
Registered
195 Posts
+200,000 Miles

206k.... Now I think mine's just getting broke in. I've only got 154k on mine.:eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
I don't think we will be seeing these numbers on the new Z4 engines. Mine rattles like a diesel and it only has 7,000 miles on it. Add the 15,000 mile change intervals and I would be surprised to see numbers reach 100,000 miles on the 3.0 si engines.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Met Irv and saw his Volvo at a local cruise night on Long Island a few weeks ago. Car looked almost new. Asked if he still drives it much and he replied he was just returning from Las Vegas. Think he said he had over 2.6 million on her. I thought 91,000 on my coupe was high!

·
You 'fly' for a living?
117 Posts
Met Irv and saw his Volvo at a local cruise night on Long Island a few weeks ago. Car looked almost new. Asked if he still drives it much and he replied he was just returning from Las Vegas. Think he said he had over 2.6 million on her. I thought 91,000 on my coupe was high!
That's way cool...and the 1800 is a classic. Would love to get behind the wheel.

·
Registered
210 Posts
That's great! I'd love to get that kind of mileage out of a car! I think I would have with my dearly departed 1995 E300 Diesel. It was in pristine shape with 150,000 miles on it in May of 2004 on it when some s.o.b. rear-ended me at 70 MPH totalling the car.:cry:

AWESOME! Go for the even million! Who knows, maybe BMW will give you a free car like Volvo did for this guy.

Keep her rolling!

Cheers,
Gibber
What a great link! I learned to drive on a '64 Volvo wagon, and I've always loved the P1800! Here's a pic from that site and, when you look at it, ask yourself if it remotely resembles a car with 2.5 million miles on it!

·
You 'fly' for a living?
117 Posts
What a great link! I learned to drive on a '64 Volvo wagon, and I've always loved the P1800! Here's a pic from that site and, when you look at it, ask yourself if it remotely resembles a car with 2.5 million miles on it!
Yeah, and Irv seems to be holding up pretty good too!:D

Cheers,
Gibber

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah... that's great. I have a VW cabrio with 96K on it (98)... but I am having to spend about 2k a year on repairs. :tsk:

·
Officially Weird
1,637 Posts
Woot. I just broke 100k a few months ago and my coupe is as good as new.

Well, except the key marks it acquired a few days ago... :mad:

·
Registered
378 Posts
How cool! Now if you could get 2 Million miles, that'd be really spectacular.

A question about the Engine life: I know that BMW puts synthetic oils in the cars and the oil change is every 15K. Has anyone got information about the the metal particulates in the oil at various stages of engine life. What I'd like to know is if the synthetic oil change frequency is better or worse than the normal oil change schedules (every 5K ?).

:drive:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would not worry, as synthetic is the way to go, little risk, the inline 6 loves it. Service on time coupled with oil changes every 10k will keep the Z 3 running til 175K ++

·
Registered
99 BMW Z3 2.8, Coil-overs, PowerStop Brakes, 7.5inX16 Alloy Rims, & Personal Enhancements
256 Posts
Robaliscious, that is awesome!!! I'm about to crest 160K on mine it keeps running better with subtle tweaks here and there. Love the drive. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts