BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if any of you guys saw the flooding in Yorkshire, England, well wet is the biggest understatement there is. Anyway my poor Z3 was out one night in torrential rain, i'm talking a month of rain in one night. When i went out to put the car in the garage there was a puddle behind each seat. When i looked inside at the seals above the side windows, the rain water was running down the little gaps between the seal segments.

Is there a fix? or does the roof need spray sealing with something or does it need new seals?

·
///M 'n it up!
1,738 Posts
Water leaks out those gaps because the drain pipes are full (usually because they are clogged).

You can use a long flexible pipe cleaner to get all of the gunk out of the drain pipes. You'll have to take of the rear wheel well liner to get to the rear drain pipes. Search this forum for more information.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey Dazcasey, Just get some what they called Gummi Pflege. " Pelican parts has it for $7.50 a bottle and it will last you awhile." They use that in all the convertible tops..It happens to mine a while back, I have the same problems as you have described. and I just apply the Gummi Pflege on..The leak problem is gone..Good luck.:thumbup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A ha, just checked it out on google, looks like just ticket, thanks. I will also clean out the seals as well like wildag suggested. Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey Daz, glad to be able to help..yes..it just apply to the rubber, and that should do it. Once a year or six months depend on your weather conditions. :thumbup: I think Pelican parts sell it the cheapest..If not mistaken..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts